Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see in the map that it's under construction. Can some one fill me in on the status of this trail, and which direction is best? Thanks, you COTA folks are the best!

·
it means 'no problem'
508 Posts

·
Afric Pepperbird
4,752 Posts
It just started to be dug out, within last two weeks, where the Larsen Trail ends at Kiwa Springs. I rode up it today for about a mile. Very rudimentary, but looking good! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Helpers Needed July 24th - Tyler's Traverse

I was planning on going out and working to work on Tyler's Traverse tomorrow morning (Sunday July 24th) from 7-11. With the little bit of rain that we got it will help with working with the dirt. If anyone is interested in joining me during that time that would be great. I'll have beer for hard working soles for afterwards. The best way to get to where I'll be is to park at the turn for Benham Falls head west up the hill and you will find the trail. Ride that until you find me. Thanks, Charlie

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Found the bottom of that where the pink flags are above SL trail Wednesday after looping around from the 260 where it's supposed to start at DMH according to the map at Wanoga. :madman:

Someone needs to update that map and make sure people know that the trails are currently not there or just partially complete. The map at the pump track makes it look like they are all open and actually there. We skipped upper T'winks to ride the upper and lower Tyler's after a poor recommendation that at least the lower was open.

·
Registered
54 Posts
When you say upper tylers, are you referring to the just started portion that is just above Larsen and Kiwa Spring? Above that section I rode up the fire road which I believe was adjacent to tylers. It was a long steady climb but never found any more trail, just kiwa trail. Lots of potential for sure.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Not a lot of patience going around Woody when you have 10 people telling you that they thought you already had it figured out and you're miles and miles from camp....
We found the pink flagging on the road to the SL trail and just did the bottom. Didn't even find flagging up top. Boooooo. Bad intel. At least I can read a map and figured out how to get from DMH to SLT.

The turnoff to stay on T'winks when it turns into Kiwa is vague too. We all just blew right by it. That could get people in trouble if they just kept going on down to Edison.

·
it means 'no problem'
508 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Worked on TT yesterday. It's far from complete but a lot of progress was made. I was talking to one of the leaders (Chris something) and he said they were hoping for part of the trail (from Larsen trail on down) to be complete and open early next season. The full trail will begin at the intersection of DMH and Kiwa Butte trails, it's still a long way off from what i gather.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.