This is entirely normal. Many manufaturers produce brake boosters that prevent or reduce this effect.SpinWheelz said:I got a sitch with my rear braking I'm not sure if I should be worried about or not. Here's the skinny:
- Bike: 1991 Trek 950 lugged steel frame
- Brake levers: Dia-Compe 287V road brake levers
- Brakes arms: Shimano Deore M510 v-brakes
- Brake pads: Kool-Stop dual compound MTB brake pads
- Wheel: 1991 Shimano Deore LX wheels
Here's the sitch - when I squeeze the brake levers, I notice that the seatstays bend ever so slightly outwards at the v-brake boss point. It's the darnest thing - I've never seen anything like this before. Is this normal, is this an issue with my seatstays, is this a matter of situating my brake pads, what?
If anyone can help shed some light on this and if there's any I can or even should do, it'd be great. Thanks a mil.