Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I live near by, I was wondering if anyone had information on the new singletrack trail someone is building parallel to Haul Road. Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
A trail referred to at the "Haul Road Trail", maintained by the BMPRD also exists parallel to and on the south side of Century Drive from the Mt. Washington Dr./Reed Mkt roundabout to around the Entrada Lodge. I believe it was used as a Brooks Scanalon Logging Road, hence the name. The OP may be referring to this "Haul Road". All good info, but I don't have an answer about a new trail being built here.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yes, the Haul Road I am referring is the gravel road running to the entrada lodge as stated by Axo 76 (parallel to Century drive). A lot of people use Haul Road to access the Deschutes River Trail and/or COD/Marvin's. Someone/group (COTA?) is building a singletrack trail starting from around Mammoth drive heading west towards the Entrada lodge. It is around .75 miles long.

·
it means 'no problem'
508 Posts
Not COTA. That new connection is on Bend Metro Parks and Recreation District land and they have hired a trail construction contractor to build that trail. Looks to me like it will be a fun (twisty and slower) alternative to riding the gravel.

I heard (but haven't confirmed) that it is intended to help provide more S-T for the upcoming MTB Marathon Nationals which will be staged from the area around the Les Schwab Amphitheater. Maybe ESPN wants cameras rolling alongside on the gravel...

Is more trail EVER a bad thing? :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts