Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be visiting Bend in the third/fourth week May and would like to get a sampling of the local trails. I would be looking to rent a bike on the 22nd, a Sunday. If no shops are open/renting then, I can probably push it back to the 23rd. I am a Turner Homer if that means anything to anybody….*grin*….I have never rented a bike before but would like to get something that an advanced rider could appreciate (FS with disc brakes) if possible. I am 6’-2” and 170lbs and usually ride a large to XL depending on application (FR to XC). Also, if anybody wants to give me a guided tour of some of the local trails, I have all day and would love to meet some Oregonian MTB’ers (sp?). Thanks ahead of time for the help….

Greyeye

·
Gittyup!
528 Posts
Hutch's (www.hutchsbicycles.com), Sunnyside (www.sunnysidesports.com), or Pine Mountain Sports (http://pinemountainsports.com/) would be your best bet for rentals. I know for sure Pine Mountain has FS bikes for rent (Rocky Mnt. Element and Slayer), and I believe Sunnyside will have some Trek FS rigs. All should be open on Sunday. That should get you started.

Greyeye said:
I will be visiting Bend in the third/fourth week May and would like to get a sampling of the local trails. I would be looking to rent a bike on the 22nd, a Sunday. If no shops are open/renting then, I can probably push it back to the 23rd. I am a Turner Homer if that means anything to anybody….*grin*….I have never rented a bike before but would like to get something that an advanced rider could appreciate (FS with disc brakes) if possible. I am 6’-2” and 170lbs and usually ride a large to XL depending on application (FR to XC). Also, if anybody wants to give me a guided tour of some of the local trails, I have all day and would love to meet some Oregonian MTB’ers (sp?). Thanks ahead of time for the help….

Greyeye

1 - 3 of 3 Posts