Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
beer is good
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about Rose to Van Sickle or Spooner to Van Sickle on Thurs. 5/28... Any snow on the bench section?

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
I was up at Tahoe Meadows on Sunday there was still a fair bit of snow on the ground, we dropped Tyrolian. But I bet past the first climb it's clear sailing after that.

Have not heard a recent update on the bench yet, bet its close to going, would not be surprised if there is still some snow just before you get to the first lookout and maybe just after the fire road past the bench. You should do it and report back :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
I rode the Bench out and back on Monday and then over to Van Sickle to end… I’ve never seen better conditions out there.
Snow’s melted plus the Rim Trail sawyers have cleared some big trees recently. Absolutely perfect!

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Hey Ben did you go all the way to Spooner or just to the Bench? Any word on conditions between the Bench and Spooner summit?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I turned around just before dropping into the trees after the clearing towards Spooner. There’s usually that small snow patch around there but I bet it’s clear now. Rim Trail sawyers cleared out some massive fallen trees recently and the trail just felt “fresh” if that makes any sense!

I heard you have one of these black beasts coming???

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Nice Ben!!! Yea Watta has one on order for me!

Thanks for the update, cool photo, the low lying fog was a trip Monday morning! But you did not have to get to high to get above it.

·
beer is good
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info everyone. Checked out Tahoe Meadows today and looks like lots of snow still in the trees. Will try Spooner to Van Sickle Thurs. and report back.

·
beer is good
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I rode Spooner to Van Sickle today 5/28 and it was all good, a couple small snow patches just before you get to the first lake view, but not enough to stop anyone. Rest of the trail just about perfect! Several hikers at the bench and a few on Van Sick, all were friendly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts