Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
mad scientist
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the full story from Pinkbike:

http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/news/?op=articleview&id=2501

Ben was a good friend of mine, Yoda sent me this link today. Needless to say, I was shocked. He's been up to North Shore, B.C. with me a few years back, great BBQ at ROTR's place. Jim C, K'endo, Craig H., Yoda, Pup, spideysgirl, and numerous others have ridden with him. Last two years with the Cannuck invasions to Hood river, snowboarding at Mt. Hood, brew festivals in PDX. All good times...

He loved biking, loved good beer, not much else to say... he's gone now and will be missed by many.

·
Banned
824 Posts
young

KonaMan said:
He loved biking, loved good beer
That's good enough for most of us. Living a full life is so important because you never know when your number is going to be called. I think I'll go ride now.

·
There's no app for this.
5,369 Posts
speechless

the stuff you never expect. Makes me incredibly sad.

Yet another reason to embrace the friends you've got and to be thankful for all we take for granted.

Thanks for the notification Eric, I never would have known otherwise.

Jim

·
Tear it all out!
7,739 Posts
All I can say is that I'm in shock, and feeling very bummed right now.

We had been chatting via email about meeting up in Hood River in about a month for the annual Cdn invasion on the Victoria Day long weekend.

At a loss for words...

·
Mtbr Founder
34,482 Posts
My deepest condolences. Ben was full of life and was taken away in his prime.

francis cebedo

·
mad scientist
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shocked sums it up

pretty much feeling like crap right now. we didn't spend a lot of time together, but we did ride quite a bit over the years here.

part of that trip we'll have to dedicate a ride to him and just rip the hell out of it!

·
Yummy
1,262 Posts
I met, rode with, had a beer or two with Ben a couple of times. Great guy to know.

I still have an email in my inbox from a couple weeks ago, where he talked about how he'd be setting up his bike for our planned weekend of riding in Hood River in May.

What can I say? Enjoy it while you've got it, cause you never know when it'll be gone ...

Kn.

·
beer thief
4,911 Posts
A very sobering story. It just doesn't seem right when someone is taken away in the prime of their life, with so much more to offer, so much more to experience.

You have my deepest condolences.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
KonaMan said:
Here's the full story from Pinkbike:

http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/news/?op=articleview&id=2501

Ben was a good friend of mine, Yoda sent me this link today. Needless to say, I was shocked. He's been up to North Shore, B.C. with me a few years back, great BBQ at ROTR's place. Jim C, K'endo, Craig H., Yoda, Pup, spideysgirl, and numerous others have ridden with him. Last two years with the Cannuck invasions to Hood river, snowboarding at Mt. Hood, brew festivals in PDX. All good times...

He loved biking, loved good beer, not much else to say... he's gone now and will be missed by many.
Please accept my condolences. He was a great guy...and a great biker. He will be sorely missed........Rest in Peace, Ben.

·
Tear it all out!
7,739 Posts
Regroup on the climb up to Syncline.

Ben is in the blue jersey, white helmet, right hand side of photo.

(Photo by AlanB)

·
try driving your car less
3,097 Posts
I didnt know this guy, but what freaks me out is that I was also born in 1974.
So I read the article. He was feeling under the weather, then collapsed in his apartment and died and was found a day later. Meningitis.
This is freaking me out. I am going to go home and play with my son.

·
mad scientist
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
and Tim's grazing on the grass...

oops, it's so easy to confuse that hairy bastard with Barley...

·
It's the axle
1,765 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear this. (I also lost a great friend to menningitis. Over a weekend, he was gone.)
Keep him in your heart, and live life the best you can. Life is short enough.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Another tragedy...

Condolences to friends and family, especially the buddy that must have been horrified to find him...

Seems like he lived life to it's fullest, a lesson we all should heed as nothing, not one day, is given. Great shots & write-up, thanks for the heads up & link.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts