Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride a fully xc style mtb , hitting the local trails, now I am in need for carrying capacity( some food,maps,tools just for longer rides).What are your thoughts about belt bags and about this particular one? It's mainly made for bushcrafting but it has suspenders .I'm concerned about the stability and comfort . Is it better to ride with a bag with a single strap or could this be more comfortable on the long run? I don't like to ride with backpacks.

Attachments

·
Class Clown
3,058 Posts
Check out deuter bags particularly the smaller "air" ones. They have an area built on the back so the pack doesn't touch. I would think that suspender one would get in the way of the saddle. Maybe a small single strap if you won't have alot of weight.

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
11,961 Posts
I've been using Wingnut packs for the past decade or more and love them. Personally I use their "Three Point Zero" pack but if it's a lumbar bag you want, check out Wingnut's "Two Point Five" lumbar hydration pack.
=sParty

·
Bear Bait
198 Posts
I'm late to the party I know, but don't blame me. MTBR recommended the post to me.

Just wanted to add a vote for the Wingnut packs. I picked one up at a used gear shop a few years back and I LOVE it. It takes a little getting used to for packing, but it is really perfect for mountain biking. Keeping the weight near your hips is even more important for mountain biking than it is for hiking. Every big bump you take, your backpack slams into your back, and after 5+ hours of that, I find my back is really starting to kill me. The Wingnut packs have never given me any back issues, no matter how long I ride. I also love the roomy side pockets that seem to devour snacks. I can just keep shoving more bars in there until I've got enough food to feed a family of 5 for a week.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ride a fully xc style mtb , hitting the local trails, now I am in need for carrying capacity( some food,maps,tools just for longer rides).What are your thoughts about belt bags and about this particular one? It's mainly made for bushcrafting but it has suspenders .I'm concerned about the stability and comfort . Is it better to ride with a bag with a single strap or could this be more comfortable on the long run? I don't like to ride with backpacks.
Hey my company's making a bag really similar to this (keeping the weight low but enough capacity for ~3L). What do you think about the upper straps having cooling tubing sewn into it to cool you down? Instead of it just being mesh.

·
Bear Bait
198 Posts
What is cooling tubing? At least out east here, humidity is always a bigger issue than heat. I want as little surface area covered as possible. Beyond that, simplicity and low weight are priorities.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts