Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
dis member
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In an attempt to take full advantage of good weather and fantastic Fall trail conditions, we will be meeting at Passion Trail Bikes again this Sunday at 9:00.

Patty plans to repeat what she did last week, which was lead a slow pace FBG ride with 7 or so people, that ended up breaking into a little longer and a little shorter factions before the end of the ride. Newbies, beginners, infirm, and lackadaisical are all encouraged on this ride. Charles and others will lead at least one other group on a regular pace ride that last week had almost a dozen participants riding a few more trails than the FBG groups did. We also encourage all kinds on the regular ride, but the lackadaisical will be good naturedly heckled.

The plan is to roll out of Passion just after 9:00, and ride up to Waterdog. The ride pace, distance, and trail choice is set by those that show up, and all rides return to Passion around noon. We will have beverages and snacks out again, and will take a vote mid ride to determine if we should do pizzas again.

So, who's in?

·
JRA
327 Posts
Those pizzas were fantastic by the way. And at least as large as Perez's book of excuses.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I would like to join

I've been to waterdog a couple of times but would like to follow someone who can show me the more interesting parts of the park. I'll try to make it.

Thanks,
Wilson

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
Book of Excuses, Chapter 1, verse 1: Thou shalt not ride with people in the early AM that do not have the good sense to realize that moving back to Minnesota is a BAD CALL. :D

·
JRA
327 Posts
Another one bites the dust

SVSocrates said:
Book of Excuses, Chapter 1, verse 1: Thou shalt not ride with people in the early AM that do not have the good sense to realize that moving back to Minnesota is a BAD CALL. :D
Nice try, but I can't make it this weekend. Next verse?

·
sunnyside up
1,193 Posts
I'm in. Doing the FBG meander.

Patty

·
CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker
1,289 Posts
We're in....maybe?

Charles and/or Patty check your PMs

Bobby and I are in...maybe. ;)

·
Registered
541 Posts
Great riding with everyone. The tandem provided an added element of hilarity to the whole thing.

I've posted photos and video here: http://picasaweb.google.com/dontfall/WaterDog20081123

Google severely compressed the videos, so they look like crap. Any suggestions of a better place to put them? Also, I haven't gotten the video of the skinny uploaded yet.

A few of the photos are really nice, most are not. This was my first time shooting mountain bikers, so any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
I'm a "she".
936 Posts
kpd said:
Google severely compressed the videos, so they look like crap.
The upside of the aggressive compression is it enables me to view the videos while sitting in a hotel room in China without having to dig for patience. Thanks for posting the pix and videos, Krishna. After having done nothing but eating (good food for sure) for a few days, I'm hungry for actions. And action shots will do for now.

I have a question - I do not recognize the switchback in Photos 21-29, which is driving me crazy. Which one is it?

·
Thirsty
379 Posts
Good stuff Krishna. I'll upload my pics in a bit, but they are not nearly as good as yours.

www.vimeo.com is a good place to upload vids as it doesn't compress them as much.

Thanks for a great ride today everyone.

·
Registered
541 Posts
mudworm said:
The upside of the aggressive compression is it enables me to view the videos while sitting in a hotel room in China without having to dig for patience. Thanks for posting the pix and videos, Krishna. After having done nothing but eating (good food for sure) for a few days, I'm hungry for actions. And action shots will do for now.

I have a question - I do not recognize the switchback in Photos 21-29, which is driving me crazy. Which one is it?
Howdy mudworm! You've been missing some great riding recently, but it sounds like the eating is making up for it.

The switchback in photos 21-29 is the intersection of Elevator and Chaparral.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts