Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I HUCK WITH CHUCK
1,319 Posts
plume said:
I'll be far away from downtown... deep in the forest for that one!

:thumbsup:

have fun though.
I'll be skippin it this year. You have to pay for half the good bands, what's the point of Bele Chere if you have to spend your money on tickets instead of beer. Other than Yo Mama's Big Fat Booty band, the free line-up is nowhere near as good as the last two years.

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ThoughtfulPirate said:
I'll be skippin it this year. You have to pay for half the good bands, what's the point of Bele Chere if you have to spend your money on tickets instead of beer. Other than Yo Mama's Big Fat Booty band, the free line-up is nowhere near as good as the last two years.
Booty Band is a definite must see, (they're at th' Boone Saloon Thurs I think), I don't think I'd pay to see the bands in the paid show, however; sometimes when you catch unknown bands that aren't exactly "your type of music" you'll happen on something that catches your ear and opens up whole new avenues in your taste in music & possibly life. There is only one pay for show, right? Rusted Root, KD3 - Karl Deneson, Perpetual Groove, JJ Grey & Mofro...according to the schedule, everything else is free, correct me if I'm missin' something here.

http://belecherefestival.com/UserFiles/File/2007/Entertainment/BeleChere2007EntSchedule.pdf

·
Official Cooler Inspector
2,652 Posts
Good to hear you're going to make it!

:cool:

Hey - anyone who would like to help out alittle at the Pisgah Area SORBA booth is welcomed to consider it your "home base". I haven't received the official packet yet, but last year we were on Battery Park and the word I got is that we'll be in that area again.

We had a great time last year talking about bikes and trails. Met so many cool people!

You don't have to be a member to join in. Let me know.

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
M-U-M said:
Good to hear you're going to make it!

:cool:

Hey - anyone who would like to help out alittle at the Pisgah Area SORBA booth is welcomed to consider it your "home base". I haven't received the official packet yet, but last year we were on Battery Park and the word I got is that we'll be in that area again.

We had a great time last year talking about bikes and trails. Met so many cool people!

You don't have to be a member to join in. Let me know.
Hey M-U-M, I'd be willin' to lend a hand at th' booth, however there is a band er'two I'm gonna hafta catch...:cool: Jus' post up th' specifics when you get'em.

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ThoughtfulPirate said:
Karl Denson is good, but he was free last time I went. P groove is aight....was disappointed with the last show I saw though.
Shooter Jennings was good last yr., when the sound was workin'....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
So, Belle Chere is free, 'cept for the one "paid concert" and the drinking wristbands?

Seems like a good event to bring the family (wife and 7yr old daugther) to, at least during the day.... Might even camp if we can get a site at DR (have family to stay with if we can't).

·
2,652 Posts
I received the official Bele Chere info yesterday and we have been assigned a great location! The PAS booth will be about two spaces up from the intersection of Battery Park and Haywood (#1503), so our "people traffic view" will be even better than last year.

Anyone who would like to help promote SORBA, biking, trail work and proposed area projects are encouraged to contibute! If you can only give an hour of your physical time at the booth - please do it. Non-members are also welcome.

We are very intersted in laminated display information. I'm especially jonesin' for your regional maps and trail work photos. Bele Chere does have a few built-in restictions about what we can display (like no advertising), but if anyone (or supporting shop) has something they'd like to see included in a future PAS booth, let me know.

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
M-U-M said:
I received the official Bele Chere info yesterday and we have been assigned a great location! The PAS booth will be about two spaces up from the intersection of Battery Park and Haywood (#1503), so our "people traffic view" will be even better than last year.

Anyone who would like to help promote SORBA, biking, trail work and proposed area projects are encouraged to contibute! If you can only give an hour of your physical time at the booth - please do it. Non-members are also welcome.

We are very intersted in laminated display information. I'm especially jonesin' for your regional maps and trail work photos. Bele Chere does have a few built-in restictions about what we can display (like no advertising), but if anyone (or supporting shop) has something they'd like to see included in a future PAS booth, let me know.
Do you have some designated times you need filled at the booth or should we just "walk up and offer our services" so to speak?? :D

·
2,652 Posts
Either or both. If you have a time frame you'd like, PM me and I'll "reserve" you a spot.

Thanks!

·
2,652 Posts
Things are coming together for the weekend. Special thanks to Maida for the pics and Joel at Kinko's. (Anybody know Joel - get him out on a ride with us.)

Due to family matters, a couple of folks have had to bow out of helping at the booth. If anyone can offer some support Fri/Sat or Sunday afternoons - PM or e-mail me.

SORBA Main representitives will be there off & on through the weekend. This would be a good opportunity to meet and ride with some of the folks who "run the desk".

·
Registered
49 Posts
I went and helped out on Saturday afternoon. I met some new folks and got to hang out with my friends. I can't think of a better way to enjoy Bele Chere. Thanks so much Rick and Tara for all of your hard work and enthusiasm! You two made our SORBA stop a reality and kept it going.

·
2,652 Posts
We had a great time! I met so many people - I can't even count that high. I was amazed at the amount of new folks who have moved to the area from out west. One fella told me "all these trees freak me out". Thanks to everyone who came and helped with the booth or stopped by to visit!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bele Chere was a blast, I stopped by the Sorba tent, I think that was between beer 7 -8 or was that between 8 -9, who knows, we had a lot of fun. I was looking forward to Karl Denson, but he couldn't make it, went to Dupont the next day. :thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.