Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fiance and I are beginners and looking for a relatively easy ride in Tahoe, both because of the elevation and our experience. We are in Incline Village and the trails I found in the reviews sound pretty hard core. Anything up here for light weights?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
cmktech, dbagchee,

My wife and I going to be in Incline starting this Wednesday through the 1st. Dbagchee if you want to do a family ride on flume together would be game. Funny enough family has lived in Tahoe forever and I never rode flume.

Or if just want to hit it with a more intense ride I definitely up for it.....only bummer thing is that I am awaiting a new BLT2 and dont think it is going to be delivered in time (due the 30th doh!) so will probably rent a bike (my old bike is just too crappy and now that I have new one coming cant bring myself to take it to Tahoe).

My wife is a good beginner...I am a low-med intermediate though I make up for skill with spectacular falls and being in fairly good shape.

PM if want to ride or just grab a beer.

·
Christoph NorCal
86 Posts
Power Line trail that starts near Ski Run is an easy trail. This is where I take my wife who is also a beginner mountain biker. Park near the top of Ski run. Ride to the top of Ski run and turn right at the T intersection. At the end of the road you will see the trail head. We typically ride 5-6 miles in and then turn around at the fire road which has a posted map of the area. This trail is fun since it's all single track. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I wouldn't strictly call the Flume a beginner ride, although I've seen beginners on it; the climb up North Canyon and then the narrow sections of the the flume make it an intermediate ride as far as I'm concerned.

My wife's favorite rides when she was just starting mountain biking were Paige Meadows, the Emigrant Trail off of 89 north of Truckee, and Burton Creek area accessed from the Tahoe Nordic Center (Located two miles east of downtown Tahoe City on Dollar Hill, off Hwy. 28. Turn onto Fabian Way (across from 7-11 store) then right on village & left on Country Club Drive)

good luck,
Dave

·
Dirt/y girl-y tomboy
71 Posts
Emigrant Trail is a good & fun ride for beginners. It's not too easy/boring (i.e. no fireroads of flat gravel). It's a long trail of rocky-enough single- & double-track to keep you interested & challenged enough to practice some tech. skills & not really any steep climbs/descents, just rolling.
I liked that trail much.

·
aka dan51
6,022 Posts
Got rocks? said:
Emigrant Trail is a good & fun ride for beginners. It's not too easy/boring (i.e. no fireroads of flat gravel). It's a long trail of rocky-enough single- & double-track to keep you interested & challenged enough to practice some tech. skills & not really any steep climbs/descents, just rolling.
I liked that trail much.
Agreed. Emigrant trail is the best beginner trail I think I've ridden. No extended ups or downs. Line of site is pretty good too. If you're a good rider it's still fun. There are some sections you can jam through. It's up North by Truckee, so it's a drive, but it's worth it.

Paige Meadows is also nice. Better scenery too IMO. The meadows are pretty spectacular. Also not as far.

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
sheclimbs said:
The singletrack that goes up from the camp ground at Sugar Pine (?) state park on the SW side of the lake is a great place to take a beginner. You just climb up as far as you're comfortable riding.
Nice. My wife and I are headed to Tahoe tomorrow and are taking our bikes. I'll take her there :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.