Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm sure you get this a lot and it's probably preference, but I want to know some experts and personal input on my choosing my first bike. I will be doing some intermediate trails, I have been biking a few times in a rented bike and I love it, but I want to get my own and so on... My budget is $500, I would love a bike $400 or below, but thats VERY rare. Post up bikes (and links) to bikes you have ridden or would be a good choice for me now. I think I wanna go hardtail becuase I'm not doing any intense downhill. Just some nice, up, down, up down. Not many mountains in my area, but plenty of hils. I really love the Motobecane Fantom Trail Bike...even if it is $600 at directbikes.com. Its a great deal and I can put out a little extra cash for something like that. I would like to have a shock lock as well as disc brakes, but those are preferences.

Thanks in advance for any input!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
549 Posts
New, in that price range...I'd go with the most expensive bikesdirect bike you can afford. You can probably find a much nicer used bike on craigslist...something that was $1200ish a few years ago for half the price...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks man...bikesdirect.com gets like 50-60% brand new bikes becuase of warehouse prices. Are they legit? I've been thinking about craigslist, thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.