Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've been reading on here for a while, and have to say this forum is a great place.

I need some advice.

The area I live in is a flat as a pancake. Aside from a few limited trails in the wide area, there's really not much to mtb here.

I plan on doing 2-4 week mtb trips at least twice a year, I specifically would like to spend a lot of time on Norway's west coast.

I've looked into renting a MTB in Norway, but $60+/day for an entry-level MTB just doesn't make any sense. For all I know, I could buy a quality used FS 29er all-mountain, pay a small amount to transport it, and sell the bike for the same price should I ever get tired of it.

So how to go about transportation? Would you guys ever recommend renting? If not, are there any "gold-standard" MTB's (brands, models) that can be picked up and sold easily later on?

Any recommendations?

More info on MTBing in Norway: Search - Official Travel Guide to Norway - visitnorway.com

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Where do you live? Check your local e-bay or Craig's list to see what's for sale. Maybe pick up a used bike in Norway and sell it when you are done. Talk to the rental shops about a discount for multi day rental's. Find out the real cost for shipping.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Like anything new, a mountain bike will depreciate in value. Your best bet is to do what ranger said. Buy a bike used, however you can find one there, and then resell it whenever you're tired of it or the sport. Make sure you buy one the correct size. I would try to find a lbs and see if they know anyone with used bikes or if they have any for sale.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.