Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Im new to jumping mtbs, Im 40 and 270lbs. I used to jump bmx in my teens but have basically stopped biking since then, until I picked up biking again last may.

I have been riding trails alot since june and have come to a conclusion that I should add jumping to my skills. Ive tried a couple of small jumps and I cleared them fine, however I seem to blur everything out the moment I get in the air, and seem to get back full vision when I land.

Anyone experience this? I dont remember having this experience when I used to jump bmx way back when.

·
Registered
14,364 Posts
Sure it 's going to be different. Back when you were probably lighter. So under the max for energy transfer through space.
Now your volume is more so you tear a whole in the time space continuum.
Not enough speed to really do more than fuzz out a bit.
No worries.

·
Destroyer of Worlds
159 Posts
Hi All,

Im new to jumping mtbs, Im 40 and 270lbs. I used to jump bmx in my teens but have basically stopped biking since then, until I picked up biking again last may.

I have been riding trails alot since june and have come to a conclusion that I should add jumping to my skills. Ive tried a couple of small jumps and I cleared them fine, however I seem to blur everything out the moment I get in the air, and seem to get back full vision when I land.

Anyone experience this? I dont remember having this experience when I used to jump bmx way back when.
I experienced exactly that when I first started going over drops--one drop in particular at the bottom of one of my regular trails. After a while I started to be able to discern more detail, and now I experience the whole thing, drops and jumps both. I think it's just a matter of your brain getting used to the experience and parsing it into the important components.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right, thanks guys, Ill just keep on doing it then til the brain gets used to the motions enough that I can process more allowing me to not blur out the whole experience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts