Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I'm 14 years old and I'm still a student. I'd like to start mountain biking now. My budget is limited to 300 euros. I drive over some hupilige dirt roads with roots. Jumps and so I do not. So I am looking for a Cros Country bike or!?

I have already looked at a parr matching bikes I like.
Nummer 1 (and my favorite): The Serious eightball 27.5 disc. Equipment: suspension fork = Sountor 80mm, rear derailleur = Acera, derailleur = Tourny, shifter = Altus, brakes = Hydraulic Shimano disc brakes. Price 320 euro.

The equipment is pretty good for the price or? For this bike I would be willing to go 20 euros over my budget.

Bike number 2 would be the Rockrider 520 (details please search on the internet for a short time). Price 299 euro. Also with this bike, the equipment is pretty good for the price?
I am looking forward to your answers. THANK YOU !!!!!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

·
ACHOO
4,492 Posts
Generally speaking, the bikes in a given price range will have similar component levels, such as the Altus/Tourney which are the entry level from Shimano. The only difference I noticed between the 2 bikes you proposed, are that one had hydraulic brakes, versus mechanical. The forks will all be coil-based, with relatively low travel. The only drawback may be if you're particularly light (or heavy) and you won't be able to set it to your liking.

Ghost is also another European brand I believe, so you may look there too. Again, they are all pretty similar in the same pricepoint +/- 20 Euro. Warranty, and the availability of a local shop may also be a consideration for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Generally speaking, the bikes in a given price range will have similar component levels, such as the Altus/Tourney which are the entry level from Shimano. The only difference I noticed between the 2 bikes you proposed, are that one had hydraulic brakes, versus mechanical. The forks will all be coil-based, with relatively low travel. The only drawback may be if you're particularly light (or heavy) and you won't be able to set it to your liking.

Ghost is also another European brand I believe, so you may look there too. Again, they are all pretty similar in the same pricepoint +/- 20 Euro. Warranty, and the availability of a local shop may also be a consideration for you.
Okey.
Thanks for your Tipps.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.