Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With predictions of a 99 degree day in Denver where I work, I decided to take my time getting to the time clock and enjoy the cool mountain air first, plus it's been storming every night so you got to get the ride in early.

You don't see much of a sunrise in the hills, but the light still manages to give a nice warm glow for an hour or so.

It was a little on the chilly side at times especially along the water, but it's cool to go from the shade into the shafts of light. It warms the bones to a perfect temp. (Huh, huh, I said shaft and bones)

Nice little spot to hang out and hear the bees buzz. I couldn't see if they had any knees, I've been thinking about that a lot lately.

#724, the CO locals know this area well. After the nightly rain that's been going down it's nice and tacky, no mud here.

Mary Mary, why you bugin. That song keeps going through my mind ever since I put these bars on. Am I dating myself? I should have put them on a long time ago, they feel good.

I call it pacman rock, but depending upon the time of day it looks like a face, or a butt, or a fish. Now the song in my head goes to Mr. Pacman. Look at your hands you got the pacman power, don't wash your hands you got the pacman power!

Of course the ride always runs late. I was really late for work now, just had time to feed the animals we actually own, and all the other freeloading critters that hang out. I call this one Joe.

Hope these help someone else get through those cube hours!
good rides for all yo!
mateo

·
2,856 Posts
mateomtb said:
Mary Mary, why you bugin. That song keeps going through my mind ever since I put these bars on. Am I dating myself? I should have put them on a long time ago, they feel good.
You're getting out early and on some perfect trail conditions Mateo. Man it's nice to see some green around there. So you're likin' the Mary's huh, I was wonderin' what you'd think.

Nice pics as always - thanks!

Ed E

·
2,856 Posts
upmtnsinbreck said:
do i spot some reminders of the Hayman fire in your pix?
No. This area burned in '96 I believe. Then it flooded, bad. The trails were ruined and had to be rebuilt which took a while, they (Morrison/Shinglemill) officially re-opened a few years ago. Great riding although not technical.

Ed E

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool!

SSweetleaf said:
Ahh! that made me want to go ride. I am going to go riding some dirt before work tomorrow. I hope i am not late. I like the shadow picture.
The best part of a ride before work ride IS getting to work late. Then you spend a bunch of time messing around posting photos on the internet of the ride that made you late. Then you go home early becuase you're tired from waking up so early ride. :thumbsup:

That's the way I like to do it.... I'll let you know when they post the opening for my job ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.