Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marin Museum of Bicycling will celebrate their 4 year anniversary on Sunday June 2 (9-2) with the 3B's. (Beer, BBQ, Bikeswap)

Get a 10'x10' booth area for only $25 (proceeds benefit the museum). A few extra foldup tables are still available for rent from the museum.

Just visiting? Get up early and do a few laps of your favorite trails, then join us for tasty BBQ and craft beer on tap! First time at the museum? Admission will be half price that day.

Additional info here:
https://mmbhof.org/shop/event-tickets/2019-bike-swap/

Font Poster Label Advertising Circle

·
Registered
58 Posts
Should be many fine bikes for sale there, like these roadies:
1962 Frejus (top model), 1972 Stella (next to top), 1978 Santana tandem (25/21, fine orig.), Mikkelsen road (65cm), 1991 Paramount (beautiful ride!), early-90s JP Morgen Softride road (red/white/blue show), Raleigh Global 2000 touring bike.

Will be plenty of vintage MTBs too.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Expect to see MTBs like:
1983 Fisher Montare, 1986 Otis Guy, 1990 Nishiki Saga, 1993 Otis Guy, 1998 Porsche Bike S red, 1998 Cannondale V1000 polished&carbon fully, 2004 Specialized S-Works XTR, 2002-5 Santa Cruz Blur fully.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The owner of this Frejus had this to say, "In summer of 1962 I went to Harlem with a friend who was racing road bikes and had collided with an extremely fat man who walked onto the course. My friend said his head went deep into the man's stomach. The man burped and walked away, however, the bike was totaled. My friend was racing Frejus bikes and knew the owner of the [local] shop who I believe was Thomas Avenia. The shop opened at midnight, which was certainly unusual. The streets were nearly deserted but cyclists began showing up as the midnight hour approached. Most were African Americans. When the barred door opened we walked down a long hallway with bikes of increasing value inside of glass enclosures. Finally we arrived in the shop where I believe Thomas sold a bike to my friend, but didn't have a frame in my size. I ordered the Frejus with a 25 inch frame to be delivered to my home in San Diego." This Sunday the bike can be yours.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow, it looks like there will be a lot of gems to purchase at the swap and I hear you have over 15 vendors! What could be better than bikes, local brews and BBQ. Thanks for putting this together!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.