Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Track Junkie
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 12 pack of Sierra Nevada "Glissade" last week, and finally tried it out. I bought it at the local Safeway, paid about $17.

I'm impressed with the results, very impressed. It is listed as a "Golden Bock", and has a nice crisp flavor, very well rounded, with an herbal/pine tree finish. Not overly hop'd, but lots of well balanced flavors.

http://www.sierranevada.com/beers/glissade.html

Quite possibly my favorite offering from Sierra Nevada. Anyone else give this a try yet? What did you think of it?

-Brad

Attachments

·
Track Junkie
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tinercom said:
Glissade is good but I prefer Torpedo.
The torpedo is good, but for an IPA there are better beers available.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Seeing as I live 2 miles from the brewery, I'm partial to Sierra Nevada. I wish they'd bring back Wheat though.:madman:

·
Eduardo Naranja
479 Posts
Visited Chico once and I have to say that bar at the brewpub is like Mecca! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Yum!

·
Track Junkie
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tinercom said:
Seeing as I live 2 miles from the brewery, I'm partial to Sierra Nevada. I wish they'd bring back Wheat though.:madman:
I didn't realize they discontinued the wheat! IIRC, they had the Crystal Wheat and the Unfiltered Wheat. Those were great summer beers. They will be missed! :sad:

·
Registered
146 Posts
They still have the Crystal Wheat and now they have the Kellerweis which I hate. It's like drinking a bannana. I heard they discontinued the Regular Wheat because it was threatning to outsell the Pale Ale. And yes the bar is Mecca.:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts