Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Just say no to Hex. Unless you like hike a bike followed by short fun sections followed by more hike a bike.

No longer open to motos and not maintained as much as it used to be.

You can go one way from Salmon La Sac to Corrall Creek or make a loop out of it by going up or down West Fork or Middle Fork. But, all day, up and down. great views but those can be had easier a ridge or two away.

No Yellow Hill (Hell) either. Just don't do it....

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Really, its the getting there part that stinks. Try an out and back from the bottom of Corral creek first. That's the best part anyways. Lots of new moto use in the area since they pushed them out of Roslyn/Cle Elum. So, many, many trail braids. If you think Tolt is bad... You've been warned. :)

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
i always thought a Hex/Jolly/W-F-Teanaway would be awesome. But i've also heard from other folks that ran through and had bad luck with trail conditions.

From atop Jolly Mountain you can see the route well....:)

Man i wanna be a mountain biker again....

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Hmmm, I smell a late July, Early August recon mission..... Up Corral, Hex, Sasse, to Jolly and down West Fork? :thumbsup:

BTW: When was that picture taken?

·
caremo
55 Posts
I had planned to ride Hex once, but was warned off by a well-ridden MTB riding buddy who said it wasn't fun...off the bike too much...crappy trail etc... And trust me when I say this guy can suffer and enjoy it like nobody's business, so I listened to him.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
gearz said:
June 10, 2003 at 11:35. Where were you / what were you doing at that time?
He was on the internet trying to give people guilt trips.:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts