Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with a new son and being crazy busy at work I have been absent for awhile. Now that things a settling down I figured I would give you guys an update on the Altas. I still have a small pile of parts that I have not bolted on (d-boy levers, x-9 shifters, and the x-0 rear der) but I am getting there. The new wheelset made a HUGE difference, much tighter feeling a the tires although rougher due to size are sooooo much better than the v-raptors. It now comes in at just under 33 pounds with the carbon bars and seat post which seems pretty good to me for a bike designed to be bulletproof for a 250 pound guy (although weight was not a factor in anything I chose). Check it out and tell me what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been riding a lot lately just for stress relief and am pretty happy with the setup. The lower rise of the bars combined with a King 1/8" spacer under the stem really help offset the longer fork. It will now climb like a goat but having the 150mm AM2 is hard to beat when it's pointed down hill. I hope to get up the motivation to put the rest of the stuff on it this weekend and then I will officially be done (year right, I need a 12 step for the UGI).

·
Cuánto pesa?
7,823 Posts
dogonfr said:
Dank Duck that's pimp between you N Jake we need to have beauty contest. :band:
I'm game and my B!TCH is BAD

Attachments

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yup. Hope is what it is. OK Jake, now I have one more thing on my list before it is done, a SRAM PG990 and then I am done. My luck some a$$ hat will steal it just when I get it perfect. Glad you like the pedals, it pissed me off when the paint started wearing off but at least you can see it has some miles on it, almost 400 since I put the speedo on it. It is almost as fun to ride as to wrench on:thumbsup: My wife is starting to think I am :eek:ut:

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah but the paint makes Jakes more O'Banyon from Dazed and Confuzed worthy:thumbsup: 28 v.33 lbs is more AM worthy? Panaracers being voted the best AM tire in 2006 by the readers of MBA? Sunline Stem and Easton DH carbon bars v. Ultralight XC stuff? Jakes bike is sweet but more AM? Mine is dripping with Mt. Dew:eek:

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
One more contestant

dogonfr said:
Dank Duck that's pimp between you N Jake we need to have beauty contest. :band:

Seems as though maybe dog ingested that white powder he found in the ghetto cruiser, as he forgot about this bike:

As for weight, around 29 lbs. Not too shabby, but not as light as Jake's!

Attachments

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Duckiller said:
Yeah but the paint makes Jakes more O'Banyon from Dazed and Confuzed worthy:thumbsup: 28 v.33 lbs is more AM worthy? Panaracers being voted the best AM tire in 2006 by the readers of MBA? Sunline Stem and Easton DH carbon bars v. Ultralight XC stuff? Jakes bike is sweet but more AM? Mine is dripping with Mt. Dew:eek:
I'll nail mrperc to a piece of wood you can punch him like a Bozo punching bag. :D

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Actually the guys I ride with give me crap about the 2.1's also but I dig 'em.. I actually have the FR version in 2.4 but they are too big for my everyday ride so they hang in the rafters. I will roll them when I go to Tamarack and ride the lifts this summer.

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,813 Posts
My bad duckiller... lols...

I was basing my opinion on the ISX6 vs the ISX4 and beefier tyres. Sure Jake has some lightweight parts on there but still AM able... XD

And dang, forgot about cmc's Atlas... wow... Really cool seeing Atlass together and their different setups... Really shows a persons taste and preference in the same bikes. Very cool.... XD

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.