Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
U sayin' Bolt ?
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am gonna build an E-bike and I need some opinions on the most robustly built short travel (<5") FS 26 inch frame/bike that comes at a reasonable price ~ $1200/frame or ~ $2000/complete.

Any and all advice or criticism requested!
Not ruling out a HT, but exploring the FS route a bit before I commit.

6'2 180lbs, gonna add about 40lbs of BMC rear hub motor,controller and battery.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Might be able to find an older Kona Dawg. Up to 2004 they were 4", then in 2005 went 5". Someone else will know better and I could be way off, but I think Specialized had something you might like from that time frame. Had a matte red paint job(?).

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
There so many ways that this could go wrong. Bike frames and susspension were not designed for those kind of loads.There are e-bikes out there ,it would be easier to get one of those.

·
U sayin' Bolt ?
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right on, guys. Thanks. I have come to the same conclusion that a FS might be a bit over exuberant.

I want something to make the roughly 30-50 mile round trips I make to my swimming holes a bit easier so I don't have to worry about over doing it in the water and bonking on the way home.

Right now I am leaning towards a beefed up 4130 frame with high volume 2.35-2.5's. Anyone know a high volume 26" UST tire that is designed for the road ? I don't think it exists.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts