Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
May 25th. Season will run from May 25th (We are hosting round 3 of the DH Southeast Series May 25th and 26th)-October 13th.

Hours are:
May 25th-Sept 8th: Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday 10 am-6:00 pm.

After Sept 8th: Friday, Saturday, Sunday 10 am-6 pm.

Special dates and notes:
-May 25th and 26th: DH Southeast
-August 25th: Beech Mountain Enduro

*We will be closed one weekend in September for Autumn at Oz (dates pending)
*We will be open the entire 4th of July week!

We have a ton of rad stuff planned for this year so make sure to follow our Instagram page. Highlights include a new Doppelmayr lift, full tune up of existing trails, new progressive jump trail, extended hours, and brand new Deasonbuilt bike trays. We are super excited to start the season, hope to see you there!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Yep, been planning that for a long time. We feel the timing is right and the demographic is there. Nothing like riding in the fall!
Sounds great Brad! Any word on what DH course the 40+ guys are running for the May race? I have not even ridden my DH bike yet this year, but I want to do this race. I may even do it on my new Norco Range.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Sounds great Brad! Any word on what DH course the 40+ guys are running for the May race? I have not even ridden my DH bike yet this year, but I want to do this race. I may even do it on my new Norco Range.
Black Bear (Pro Track) with the longer upper section. We are removing a couple lippy rocks throughout the course that don't really make sense on a race track. Check out the Instagram page for pictures of the bike trays. Lift maintenance are installing them as we speak. I will post some pictures later as well.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Here are some updates for you guys. We are well ahead of schedule and anxiously awaiting opening weekend keep an eye on our Instagram and Facebook pages for more info. Our website has detailed pricing and hours of operation as well. We also added a free tune up for returning season pass holders courtesy of our in house World Cup mechanic.

*amendments and additions to/from the previous post:
-Closing day is October 12th, not the 13th
-We will be open the entire 4th of July week (June 27-July 7th)
-We will not be closed for 1 weekend in September for Autumn at Oz
-We have added summer tubing and roller skating activities so bring
the family!

Here are some teaser photos:
Branch Soil Trail Forest Twig

Grass Soil Land lot Cumulus Plain

Soil Construction equipment Machine Slope Composite material

Soil Land lot Slope Trail Forest

Grass Tree Soil Land lot Woody plant

·
Coffee Drinker
402 Posts
Just got home from riding Beech Mtn. Had a great time, trails and terrain are great and got to meet Brad. It was obvious that there were tremendous improvements since my last visit in '17.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Just got home from riding Beech Mtn. Had a great time, trails and terrain are great and got to meet Brad. It was obvious that there were tremendous improvements since my last visit in '17.
Thanks for the feedback and for supporting the park! I was actually getting ready to post a lot of videos from our existing trails and a progress report on our new trail. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Hey guys as promised here are quick helmet cams of every trail plus some pictures of our new trail "Canebrake".

Green Mamba
Lower Green Mamba Woods
Lower Green Mamba Skills
Upper Indigo to Burmese Python
Lower Burmese Python
Upper Indigo to Copperhead
Lower Copperhead (trail wasn't quite ready, needed some drainage work)

Upper Black Bear
Lower Black Bear to Hellbender

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Nice riding Brad, looking forward to visiting this year, hopefully it's less eventful than last year.

Is Blue Ridge Rocks still open?
No I deleted a lot of Upper Blue Ridge Rocks because nobody liked it and the rock piles the previous trail builder built were weird. As you can see from the videos there are three trails up top: Green Mamba, Indigo, and Black Bear. Indigo splits into Copperhead and Burmese Python. Copperhead shares a lot of the old Blue Ridge Rocks contour especially after the road. One of the goals was to get everything to flow better from the top and I think that we achieved that. Hope you get to come up this summer.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
No I deleted a lot of Upper Blue Ridge Rocks because nobody liked it and the rock piles the previous trail builder built were weird. As you can see from the videos there are three trails up top: Green Mamba, Indigo, and Black Bear. Indigo splits into Copperhead and Burmese Python. Copperhead shares a lot of the old Blue Ridge Rocks contour especially after the road. One of the goals was to get everything to flow better from the top and I think that we achieved that. Hope you get to come up this summer.
Nice! I can't say I'll miss it and most folks I talked to felt it was similarly awkward, especially for a blue. The new stuff looks great and we'll definitely be coming a few times this year.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Here are some updates for you guys. We are well ahead of schedule and anxiously awaiting opening weekend keep an eye on our Instagram and Facebook pages for more info. Our website has detailed pricing and hours of operation as well. We also added a free tune up for returning season pass holders courtesy of our in house World Cup mechanic.

the family!

So I just want to confirm...Beech is open on July 1st and 2nd which is a Monday and Tuesday. I don't want to drive up for it to be closed. Couldn't find this information on the website anywhere.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts

the family!

So I just want to confirm...Beech is open on July 1st and 2nd which is a Monday and Tuesday. I don't want to drive up for it to be closed. Couldn't find this information on the website anywhere.
We actually added a day. We will be open continuously from Wed June 26th through July 7th. Our marketing team does a good job of making sure our hours are posted on the website: Blue Text White Colorfulness Line

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
We had a great time this weekend, having the lift back was really nice, even though I kindof miss the social aspect of the shuttles. The new trail work seems great and the berms on Burmese Python were awesome, it seems like you guys mellowed them out some and they link together a lot easier than they did previously. I really like the new one at the top of Burmese as well.

We didn't get to try the new blue yet, it was my buddy's first time at the park and so we took it pretty easy especially considering the conditions.

Only suggestion, I mentioned this to the guys at the front desk, but the bottom of the woods section on Burmese has a tree with a few loose roots shooting out into the trail. I rode down with 5 others and all 6 of us got snagged by it in various ways, it almost sent me off the bike. Might be a good idea to cut them out. There are obviously lines around it, but it seemed like we all got funneled into the same place.

Trunk Non-vascular land plant Painting Green algae Moss

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Glad you guys enjoyed the park. The roots you are speaking of are not part of a rideable line. I sent up one of our trail crew to check it out as soon as you mentioned it. I also rode all three lines all day and did not have an issue with any of them. For the easier bailout line the trail is designed to be ridden low and to the right. A faster rider would land on you if I opened the line up that you guys were trying to ride. Try riding the high left line next time, it's the easiest out of the three options. If you are still struggling with this section we cut an easier bailout line on the right that feeds into the easiest section of Black Bear.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.