Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going east about 1.5 miles in the Kanan Backbone, i heard a very large swarm, get louder and louder.

Has anyone else ran into the same situatuon?

I wussed out turned around. has anyone else, heard or seen the swarm?

·
a.k.a. MTBMaven
1,750 Posts
Yes

I haven't personally but a friend of mine was attacked by a swarm of bees near Castros Crest several years ago . We both did research out there for several years. She hated working out there after that.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I rode through a small swarm up on Westridge over the weekend. Thought they were flies when I rode through, only to realize they were bees after i got out of it because I thought, hey flies don't buzz like that.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Yea, was taking a break up at the top of Los Robles trail on Sunday when all of a sudden a swarm descended on us...didn't know what it was at first, but it quickly became apparent. We hauled ass a 100 yards down the trail and it was fine...no bites and they didn't pursue.

·
Registered
245 Posts
yes, My friend and i were resting in Chino hill park when a swarm of bee came by. we just duck down on to the floor and let the bee past by over us. But it was the scariest **** i ever encounter on a mtb ride.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bee swarm stories

Hey guys, i appreciate sharing the stories about your bee encounters, but i am asking SPECIFICALLY if anyone has ridden the Kanan Backbone East, two days ago, i heard a bee swarm get louder, and louder, and louder, echoing thru the canyon. Has anyone else rode the backbone east off kanan, about 1 mile in i hear them

please respond if you have specific experience with this report

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.