Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When climbing Spencer Gap yesterday, I noticed that there were at least 4 entrances for those ground nesting bees in the middle of the trail with bees buzzing around a ton- this was right in that steep, hard climb through the open field after the washed out section (when climbing). I accelerated through, but still had 2-3 bees buzzing around me that forced me to go much faster than I wanted in order to get away.
While I'm not hyper sensitive to the stingers, enough people are that I thought I should post...
Mike

·
Drinker w/ Riding Problem
5,326 Posts
Yeah we found the yellowjacket nest on Squirrel Gap at Horse Cove yesterday, luckily we were flying though that section... first three guys stirred 'em up with no hits, and then the guy in front of me got stung five times, and i got through with one to the chest. I hate yellowjackets! all that prime realestate to build a nice nest and they build smack dab in the middle of a trail :p

·
Official Cooler Inspector
2,652 Posts
On our trip last week - being the "slow one" was quite an advantage there. A few of us bushwhacked over the hill. No stingers, but I did get a nice poke in the leg from a stick.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts