Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rollinon29s said:
that is by far the coolest bashring i have seen. do you have any issues with rubbing the chain when cracking open a cold one?
It only arrived this morning and I put it on the bike this evening, I've no beer in the house to christen it with :rolleyes: .

·
SpoK Werks Handmade Goods
1,201 Posts
That's the REAL tragedy!

pjbaz said:
How can you NOT have any beer at the house?

I, and I'm sure many others here, have a seperate beer fridge.
Dude! O.K., I'm an extreme case where beer is EVERYWHERE and far cheaper than any other drink, not to mention it actually tastes great. Now, my point.... you could get thrown out of the mountain biking community for not having any beer. Please, please don't tell me that you don't have any coffee either.

I mean... not having tats, no beer.... what comes next? Maybe... I can't really think of anything more tragic.

All in good fun! Enjoy it when you can crack a cold one!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 Speed said:
Dude! O.K., I'm an extreme case where beer is EVERYWHERE and far cheaper than any other drink, not to mention it actually tastes great. Now, my point.... you could get thrown out of the mountain biking community for not having any beer. Please, please don't tell me that you don't have any coffee either.

I mean... not having tats, no beer.... what comes next? Maybe... I can't really think of anything more tragic.

All in good fun! Enjoy it when you can crack a cold one!
I have coffee, Fairtrade dark roast goodness. I do have a gallon of homemade sloe gin and a couple of bottles of blackberry whisky too, so I'm set for any emergency:) . I promise to get some beer for the weekend and do a thorough product test on the bashguard.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dr Feelygood ! said:
Now that I LIKE !:thumbsup:

I`ve got a `BIGGER IS BETTER 29er` stem top cap,but it just doesn`t compare to that!

PS:- first Rampage arrived today:D
Bigger is better, I like that:) .
I know it's a bit weight weenie but could you throw the tyre on the scales, I'd be curious how it compares to the Nev (which is proving to be a superb tyre).

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Serious product testing

OK so I've got some beer!

No issues with the chainring interfering with bottletop removal. The bike needs to be tilted to the right to avoid spillage of the precious nectar. I started with a safe 45 degrees and will experiment until I find the optimum angle, which may require a great deal of testing:D .

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've been off the bottled beer for a while as I got quite into homebrewing but stopped that as I was getting a bit porky. So the only one I've had before is the Hobgoblin. The Black Sheep is very nice. I almost got a bottle of Bishops Finger as I haven't had any of that since I was a choirboy:eek: :D .

·
Registered
112 Posts
tyres

Hey LJ and Dr Feelygood,
I'm in the UK for the next 10 days know anywhere I can get Rampages at a decent price???????? I read that you can get the beers shown at ASDA....guess there's a visit coming up tomorrow
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
847 Posts
Moderators, Vital information!

This should be in the FAQ section!

LJintheUK said:
The bike needs to be tilted to the right to avoid spillage of the precious nectar. I started with a safe 45 degrees and will experiment until I find the optimum angle, which may require a great deal of testing:D .

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
2deans said:
Hey LJ and Dr Feelygood,
I'm in the UK for the next 10 days know anywhere I can get Rampages at a decent price???????? I read that you can get the beers shown at ASDA....guess there's a visit coming up tomorrow
Cheers
Steve
You'll not get Rampages in the UK as the importers are still thinking about bringing them in, likewise the Nevegals. I got mine posted over from the US and I'm presuming that the good Dr did the same. Sorry.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.