Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got myself a 2006 Turner 5spot from craigslist. Im usually weary of craigslist buys but this was a good deal and a good buy, Pretty much was almost new and cheap so a merry xmas to me. Definitely couldnt turn up this deal.

The setup is quite sick on it already, might just do a XC oriented wheelset, and a 1x9 crankset setup. Other than that she is good to go.

Far in the future Id like to add a couple more chris king items such as hub and bottom bracket, bling!

Here are the pics I could upload, photbucket is being a biznatch.

Setup:
2006 Medium Turner 5 Spot
Fox Vanilla R 125
Pink Chris King headset
FSA XC 280 Handlebars
Bontrager Big Earl 50mm stem
Avid Juicy 7 185mm Brakes
Truvativ Firex crankset with 3 chainrings
Crank Bros. Mallet M Pedals
Thomson Elite seatpost
WTB Speed V Pro Gel saddle
Sram X-Gen front derailleur
Sram X-9 rear derailleur
Sram X-9 Trigger shifters
Sun Rims CR-18 laced to Shimano Deore Hubs

PS- where does this term Homer come from?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha now I realize what this talk is all about sippin the kool aid, from a turner owner who has been egging me on about purchasing a 5 spot.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had to add some pressure on the rear shock, I weigh 198, but still dialing it in. First time having such an adjustable fork/shock so Im reading through the manuals for them.

The brakes I just found are 203mm when I was working on the bike last night, so Im def getting smaller rotors.

Eventually I do want some Hope Monos, but right now gotta cut back on spending, and pretty much just wait til stuff breaks or just get on my nerves if they ever do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.