Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Out there
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone riding the Beaver Valley? I mean Meaford, Thornbury, Kimberley, Flesherton... as far as 3-Stage and Kolapore to the east, Wodehouse Karst to the west.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
pinkheadedbug said:
Anyone riding the Beaver Valley? I mean Meaford, Thornbury, Kimberley, Flesherton... as far as 3-Stage and Kolapore to the east, Wodehouse Karst to the west.
HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!! :lol:

Oh, sorry, the uhhhh, title kinda threw me off a bit. I thought you were, ummmm, joking around. :p :D

Good luck on your search. IIRC, maybe JM01 "cottages" up in there somewhere? (hey, i'm lost North of 7)

·
Out there
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, don't.

My mother (who is English) almost peed herself laughing when she discovered that the Beaver Valley ended with the Queen's Bush.

I stopped finding Beaver jokes funny a while back.

We have Beaver gas, the Beaver motel, Beaver f'n everything.

I have Beavers making lakes on my property as I type. Bastards.

I was going to form a cycle club up here and was searching for a name but your response has made me realise that Beaver Valley Riders is the way to go for sure.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
BUUWHWHWHAHAHAHWHWHAHAHWHAHWHHAHAHWHAHWHHAHW!!!!!!11!!!1!!!!

Oh ****, that's too much! It ends there, of ALL places! :lol: :lol:

BWUHWUAHUHAUWHUAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHA!!!!!!

Thanks Pink - you just made my day! :thumbsup: I owe you one buddy. This is priceless. Some of the guys at work will get a kick out of it, too.

So, if you start the club ..... you know where i'm going with this already, I know ..... will that make you the Bush Master?

(snickers politely)

Okay, sorry, i'll stop now. It must be the lack of snow or something. Yeah, that's it.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I used to do a training loop using sideroads 4 and 7, A and B (I think that's Wodehouse on the west side), when trail conditions at Kolapore weren't so good. I've yet to find more elevation in one short loop anywhere else around Ontario.

A few years back some local riders organized an enduro event in the valley. There were at least two of the other sideroads involved in the route. Not a lot of singletrack per se, but with reference to the other thread on enduro's I think it was one of the better ones.

·
Out there
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there is actually quite a lot of singletrack hidden away in the Karst.

one of my plans for the spring is to clean it up... I've already mapped most of it

I'm also thinking of cutting some more technical trails if I can get permission from the MNR.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Interesting, I only ever saw a few bits and pieces when I passed through there... seemed like a mix of logging/skidder access paths, equestrian paths and so on. But it's a huge area, definitely a lot of potential. I've certainly flagged it for some gladed skiing as well, assuming we get some snow. Not sure where things stand with the MNR these days... they came down pretty hard on Kolapore. Hope you do better if you decide to approach them.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
pinkheadedbug said:
there is actually quite a lot of singletrack hidden away in the Karst.

one of my plans for the spring is to clean it up... I've already mapped most of it

I'm also thinking of cutting some more technical trails if I can get permission from the MNR.
Not sure if you know about them, but felllow MTBR members JMurray and Ricksom would be able to give you valuable info with this regard (bold above). Have a chat with them. They're both great guys! :thumbsup:

·
Out there
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, Jason and I have been chatting! I don't know Ricksom though.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
pinkheadedbug said:
Yeah, Jason and I have been chatting! I don't know Ricksom though.
Scroll down just a little here in EC, maybe about a dozen threads - Albion in December, started by Johnny Hair Boy. Ricksom last posted there. Good man, knows his stuff. :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.