Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading what fun some of you have been having in the snow (!), I thought I'd post a few pics from today's ride--White Mesa, in central NM. It was in the 50s, bit of a breeze--perfect for riding! It was also my first ride of the New Year, and first ride on my newly refurbished Marzocchi RC3 fork! My stanchion had huge gouges on it before, and I was never able to get full travel out of it...long story short, Tom and the techs at Marzocchi in CA deserve HUGE props for hooking me up with a practically new fork (it needed some warranty work on bushings and whatnot)--plus they lowered the oil level in it, so now I can actually feel the proper amount of squish!:D
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim

Clothing Wheel Bicycle wheel Bmx racing Bicycle frame

Me having fun on a tabletop:p
Mountainous landforms Rock Bedrock Geology Formation

View of the area

·
Registered
15 Posts
I hate you........only because of where I'm at (Mpls, MN) and where you're at (NM)! My BF and I went for a snow ride today with our urban bikes. It was nice and we kept warm, temp was at 20 degrees. Can't corner like hell or take jumps, but hey, it was something!!! All kidding aside, those are some nice pics and I am very jealous!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't be too jealous.....

annamul said:
I hate you........only because of where I'm at (Mpls, MN) and where you're at (NM)! My BF and I went for a snow ride today with our urban bikes. It was nice and we kept warm, temp was at 20 degrees. Can't corner like hell or take jumps, but hey, it was something!!! All kidding aside, those are some nice pics and I am very jealous!
:p Today's my turn to be jealous...this time I wish I had your gear and fortitude! It's snowing here today, and if I went out to ride, I think I'd freeze...what a wimp I am! That's what NM is all about in winter, though...a little of everything, sometimes in the same few days. ergh.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like the moon, indeed...

White Mesa IS really cool--just make sure you don't fall into one of these:
Brown Rock Bedrock Formation Geology

One of the sinkholes

While you're at it, try to avoid one of these:
Plant community Terrestrial plant Shrubland Thorns, spines, and prickles Jumping Cholla

A prairie rattler I nearly ran over in late October (pretty late time of year for rattlers, but it was nice and warm that day)

But the views are amazing, and the springs are like miniature versions of Mammoth at Yellowstone:
Sand Soil Geology Shadow

These springs are covered in snow and ice right now, strangely....

Mountainous landforms Plant community Natural landscape Landscape Highland

Riding is so fun:p

·
Registered
15 Posts
Today's my turn to be jealous...this time I wish I had your gear and fortitude! It's snowing here today, and if I went out to ride, I think I'd freeze...what a wimp I am! That's what NM is all about in winter, though...a little of everything, sometimes in the same few days. ergh.
You'd be surprised how fast you adapt to the climate you live in. I still think I'm kinda a whimp about it! Gonna try and get out there for another snow ride tomorrow. The high is supposed to be a whopping 15!! I love to run in the winter because you can stay warmer easier than biking, but I broke my pinky toe on my left foot last Sunday! :cryin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.