Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the rocky Mountain reaper 1 hard tail and have outgrown it
I plan on doing lots of mountain riding this year and am looking at spending anywhere from 800-1800

I'm looking for a full Suspension bike with a lockout rear shock
something that has a good base that can be upgraded on in the future.
Any thoughts?
I live in bc Canada so there's lots of riding up and down. Mountains.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know it has and I do apologize. Lol

Lots of trails here. Over and down the other side of mountains. Lots are dried up Creek beds or old quad trails.
Yesterday, before I broke my bike, we rode about 15 km up to the top of a mt. Then about 25km down and back around.
There's Rumble fest in Port Alice which is a fairly popular down hill race. I won't be racing but that's there. And mount Washington opens up for downhill in the summer
I'm not sure on what else as I'm only just starting to spread out off of flat trails and in to Mt climbing and downhill.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want to get into a lot more long distance mountain biking. I don't wanna do any extreme downhill stuff. I won't be doing big drops or jumps. So Suspension travel isn't a huge deal. And I don't even know anything about that subject haha

Weight. I don't want any thing heavy obviously but I know just like camping. The lighter it is the more pricey it is.
Anywhere from the 25-32 lbs at heaviest I guess? I dunno.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.