Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Gravity's Gone
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tateb said:
Hammerfest? I thought you were calling it a "Sketchfest".:thumbsup: Good pics as always.
Allow me to elaborate. It was only a sketcfest in certain spots, and they were fun. It probably didn't seem like a hammerfest to you non-fat guys, but it was to me. Glad you made it last minute, dude.

·
Did you ever have ham?
1,650 Posts
It's about time we see a real Bear at the Bear Crossing signs...LOL! Looks like you guys had a fun time! Nice jersey, Ted...I like that!:thumbsup:

·
Chilling out
6,036 Posts
I also thought it was a rockin' day.

I dunno if I'm lazy or what, if switching back to flat pedals was the thing, but surely was a good feeling amount of climbing.

The downhills just rip too, silly fun!

I'll definitely be back.

Aformentioned GPS recorded over 3000' of climbing, which I believe, in a total 10.9 miles, which is not sny snivelling little amount.

Above image may be clicked to get a larger version

If anyone cares, the coordinate for the "Geisinger" waypoint in the map is N40.97491 W76.60301, and there is a Google Earth File to fetch if you care to.

I didn't get many pixels, relying upon Nank' to handle that for the most part, but did get a couple from a different perspective ...

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Great Post!...

...Looks like the day was super fun. You have a bit less snow down your way. We got out and it was pretty challenging riding...slipping sliding and push through some serious resistance at times....also ran into a couple of small game hunters. The pictures of the log over are my favorite. The bears usual fine job on the GPS really gives a "view" into what the riding at Geisinger is like...some big time climbing!

·
Chilling out
6,036 Posts
Maria gave it to me as an anniversary present a couple years ago may, the day before I was doing a 12 hour endurance craziness.

My GPS is a Garmin Edge 705, the thing it has over most other gps I've used, in this way, is that I can set it to record a waypoint every second regardless of speed of motion (or lack thereof). It just works great.

Especially considering it was buried in my camelback, and it is intended to be handlebar-stem mounted. :^P

·
Premium Member
8,470 Posts
That's some rock'in stuff and a great info thread...

... thanks as always to all.

I've never ever rode with clips... EVER! NEVER WILL EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... LOL

3000 FEET

Where's the Freek'in escalator??????????

Attachments

·
Gravity's Gone
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bear said:
Maria gave it to me as an anniversary present a couple years ago may, the day before I was doing a 12 hour endurance craziness.

My GPS is a Garmin Edge 705, the thing it has over most other gps I've used, in this way, is that I can set it to record a waypoint every second regardless of speed of motion (or lack thereof). It just works great.

Especially considering it was buried in my camelback, and it is intended to be handlebar-stem mounted. :^P
Nice avatar, dude. That's freakin great. I love it. Long live the bear!!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.