Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Sherman just showed up today. Very sweet fork, but I have two problems.
First one is... No shop within 10 miles has the Azonic Headlock, and I don't really want to use a star fangled nut. I may just get one installed, and then rip it out when i do manage to find one.
Second problem... I need to swap the bearing race for the headset over from my old fork. Should I attempt this at home? Or should I wait till the next time I work at the shop and use the tools there. It's not difficult, right? As in... It can be accomplished with a screwdriver and a hammer? (neanderthal method)
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
XSL_WiLL said:
My Sherman just showed up today. Very sweet fork, but I have two problems.
First one is... No shop within 10 miles has the Azonic Headlock, and I don't really want to use a star fangled nut. I may just get one installed, and then rip it out when i do manage to find one.
Second problem... I need to swap the bearing race for the headset over from my old fork. Should I attempt this at home? Or should I wait till the next time I work at the shop and use the tools there. It's not difficult, right? As in... It can be accomplished with a screwdriver and a hammer? (neanderthal method)
Thanks for the help.
A gentle neanderthal method will work for removing the fork race. secret will be to raise it a little bit, then lift on the opposite side etc. to slowly pry it up.

For re-installing I recommend using a piece of $ .50 plastic plumbing pipe from the hardware store.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.