Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bear Valley is opening its ski lifts for mountain bikers on Saturdays, starting on 8/7/2010 through 9/4/2010. Cost is $25, or $20 with a BV season pass. This is a pilot program and they're looking for feedback:

Get your mountain bikes tuned up and hiking shoes dusted off as Bear Valley Mountain is firing up a brand new pilot program providing lift access for mountain bikes and hiking. This is your opportunity to be part of the ground work for future summer fun on the mountain. During this 5 week program we will work with our guests and the forest service to not only enjoy some riding and hiking but gather your feedback on how to make this mountain the best it can be for riding, hiking and summer fun.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oops, sorry for the dup. I only looked back over the last day's worth of posts - I'll remember to search next time.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Does not sound too exciting so far, until they build up some trails - but I found info on some "Tough mudder" event there in October. That sounds like my kind of fun.

·
ol'guy who says hi &waves
2,546 Posts
Curmy said:
Does not sound too exciting so far, until they build up some trails - but I found info on some "Tough mudder" event there in October. That sounds like my kind of fun.
There are LOTS of great XC trails in the area, just not in the ski lift area.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Bear Valley

@ fred-da-trog. I'm heading up there in August. What are some good trails near BV? Normally I start at Cape Horn to Alpine Lake then to Osbourne Ridge to Slick Rock rd. and then all the way down to Spicer reservoir. Are there any more trails that you can add to this ride Fred. Thanks.

·
ol'guy who says hi &waves
2,546 Posts
Stop off at BV Adventure/ bike shop/gas station as you enter BV on the left. purchase a trail guide booklet. Ask if they can direct you to upper and/or lower "Rings" trail

There are trails on both sides of the highway between BV and Lake Alpine.

Back near Spicer Res. are Wolfsboro and Elephant Rock trails

1 - 9 of 9 Posts