Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Good times...

Nice to meet some more of the MTBR Nation on the trails. After meeting up with you, we followed Uncle Stinky's trail advice and hit up Wolfsboro>singletract on the left side of Hwy 4>Alpine Lake Trail>Slick Rock back to Spicer.
1.Nutball Champ on Lower Rings
2.Uncle Stinky on Lower Rings
3.Mike on Bee Gulch
4.P13 atop of Real Rebaa
5.P13 on Cape Horn

Attachments

·
mtb'er
4,202 Posts
I'll be canoe camping at Utica Res.8/21-23 and plan on riding lots. Would love to ride with you guys who know the secrets. Would also be happy to lead BV virgins on some good, adventurous loops I'm familiar with. And if anyone wants to camp with us, you are more than welcome to join. I've got some killer spots to choose from. Lemmeknow.

·
Now wr rollin on a Boom!
282 Posts
Nice meeting you all and riding with you, and thanks Uncle S for showing us the trails. I can't wait to go back.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Empty Beer,
Wish I could make it up that weekend but I have some things to take care of here at home. Let me know if want a map or 2 and some loop recomendations-most are mixed ST and gravel/dirt roads with some pavement.

Yes the canoe camping is good at Utica, but it has been crowded the last few weekends around there. I will be taking my kids to the sady island to camp in fall when the crowds die down.
Cheers

·
mtb'er
4,202 Posts
About an inch of rain Saturday night made the trails super-duper tacky yesterday! I rode up things I had no business riding up.... cleaned Lodgepole up (specifically 2 nasty switchbacks) and nearly cleaned the climb up Reba (other than 2 lame dabs), which was impossible (for me) to do on Friday when everything was loose. The Rings were fun, but after that brutal Reba climb I'll take Bee Gulch over Upper Ring. Lower Ring is a hoot though!

Fri: Utica >up Slickrock >Emigrant >Osborn> Reba> Upper/Lower Ring> Lodgepole >Slabs> BV-Alpine >Emigrant >Down Slickrock

Sunday: BV Village >up Slabs >up Lodgepole >up Reba >down Bee Gulch >Alpine Cut-off > around Alpine Lk >Emigrant >Osborn > 207 to Lower Ring> Lodgepole >Slabs.

Rode solo, so I didn't take many pix.
1. view from Reba of the Dardanelles, Union & Utica Reservoirs
2. an inviting pothole off Slickrock
3. an odd memorial to a downed jeeper
4. stare at it long enough and it looks like a floating rock :D
5. nice sunset at camp

Attachments

·
Registered
567 Posts
Sounds like a couple of great rides. Awesome job on climbing Reba, I have never made that climb without dabs and wallking 2 bits. My brother rode yesterday and said the trails were great. He was also out boating on Utica on Saturday with his wife. Thanks for the photos wish I would have been up there.

Where is that frog, I've never seen it?

·
ol'guy who says hi &waves
2,546 Posts
Trogs will be camping Wed eve.-Sun at Alpine or Silvertip campground. Check the message boards entering the campground for site #'s.

·
Ride what you want!!
2,202 Posts
I'm going to have to see if I can get up there one day... Maybe Sat... you guys might be worn out by Sat though.

·
ol'guy who says hi &waves
2,546 Posts
george_da_trog said:
I'm going to have to see if I can get up there one day... Maybe Sat... you guys might be worn out by Sat though.
You're probably right. Have you seen the roll call?

We old farts be all tuckered out from just setting up camp.

Ogre says he's up for an easy cruise. Looking forward to seeing him back getting dirty.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts