Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night we parked at Trace ridge and rode 5000> spencer gap>spencerbranch>up middlefork>fletcher>spencerbranch to the dam and back to the car, or something like that 15+ miles anyway. We came across a pissed off skunk and barely escaped, but when we dropped down the steps by the dam bmbass said "What the flock was that-it was big!" we shined our lights back and there was a bear not 2 feet off the trail sitting in the laurels-close enough to swipe at us! I guess he was at the dam eating fish or what ever people leave when they hike in and fish there.
It made for an exciting ride:D

Oh and Woody please do not post on this thread, too serious.

·
364 Posts
motobutane said:
Last night we parked at Trace ridge and rode 5000> spencer gap>spencerbranch>up middlefork>fletcher>spencerbranch to the dam and back to the car, or something like that 15+ miles anyway. We came across a pissed off skunk and barely escaped, but when we dropped down the steps by the dam bmbass said "What the flock was that-it was big!" we shined our lights back and there was a bear not 2 feet off the trail sitting in the laurels-close enough to swipe at us! I guess he was at the dam eating fish or what ever people leave when they hike in and fish there.
It made for an exciting ride:D

Oh and Woody please do not post on this thread, too serious.
Wait a sec, that's the same exact ride we did Sunday! How come you didn't bring your skunk then?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think the skunk scared me more than the bear. Little bastard separated us, turned his "gun" towards me, and we had a standoff for about 30 seconds. He did smoke out the trail about a mile ahead of us too...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.