Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
schnauzers said:
Thinking about taking the SS out to BCL on Saturday. Believe it or not, I WANT there to be snow covering the trail (I don't want to deal with mud). I'm hoping for about 3" of the packed down stuff.

Or, would I just be better off riding up and down Waterton?

TIA
Well I do know Waterton is good to go! It is being plowed and with these cool temps it has seemed to be snow and mud that stays put on the rode (not the bike). I am interested in hearing about BCL myself, have not been around there lately.

·
Which way? Uphill.
833 Posts
I was planning on going over there tonight if I get out of work at a reasonable time. I'll report back tomorrow.

·
Which way? Uphill.
833 Posts
Condition Report as of 1/18:
C-470 Approach from the south from Belleview is getting better, 70-80% rideable without a Pugsley, 100% with.

The first two switch backs descending down to 285 have a ton of wind-blown snow on them, it's a hike-a-bike, after that you hit were they've plowed.

The rest of the descent into BCLP has been plowed at some opint, but it's a mix of ice, packed snow, wind packed drift (aprrox 1 ft high) and bare concrete.

I didn't do the whole loop in BCLP, but the part that I did was pretty wind-packed, I wasn't sinking in at all. I ran studded tires, but I don't think they would be necessary all the time, the only long stretch of ice I encounterd was on the hill in/out of BCLP, but I didn't do the whole loop.

I'm going back for more tonight, this time with some heat packs for my toes, it seemed especially could in the park.

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. If it's not snowing when I wake up tomorrow then that's where I'll be.

nepbug said:
Condition Report as of 1/18:
C-470 Approach from the south from Belleview is getting better, 70-80% rideable without a Pugsley, 100% with.

The first two switch backs descending down to 285 have a ton of wind-blown snow on them, it's a hike-a-bike, after that you hit were they've plowed.

The rest of the descent into BCLP has been plowed at some opint, but it's a mix of ice, packed snow, wind packed drift (aprrox 1 ft high) and bare concrete.

I didn't do the whole loop in BCLP, but the part that I did was pretty wind-packed, I wasn't sinking in at all. I ran studded tires, but I don't think they would be necessary all the time, the only long stretch of ice I encounterd was on the hill in/out of BCLP, but I didn't do the whole loop.

I'm going back for more tonight, this time with some heat packs for my toes, it seemed especially could in the park.

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
edemtbs said:
What time and exactly where are you parking tomorrow, I'd like to join. Enough of this waist expansion!!

Sunday I may hit up WC.

Ed E
I need to get some amount of sleep, so I was thinking around 11:00. I usually start out from inside the park at the Skunk Hollow parking area. If it's snowing I ain't going. :D

I'll be on the Niner, which means if you show up I'll be tailing way behind you. :cool:

·
2,856 Posts
schnauzers said:
I need to get some amount of sleep, so I was thinking around 11:00. I usually start out from inside the park at the Skunk Hollow parking area. If it's snowing I ain't going. :D

I'll be on the Niner, which means if you show up I'll be tailing way behind you. :cool:
Sleep is good:thumbsup:

Snow or shine for me, I'll be there at 11am regardless of weather conditions:)

You won't be behind me, nice and easy does it:skep:

Ed E

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.