Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to start looking at a date to hold the gathering. Last years large ride and cookout should still be in everyones memory so let's make it as good this year. I was thinking of a June date this year. National trails day in June 4th and a lot of trail work will be going on that day so it's probably not the best date. I am tied up the last weekend with trailwork so I was looking at the second or third weekend of June.

What's good for all of you?

·
customized
3,123 Posts
oldbroad said:
Leaving June 12, back on June 22, the bike will be gone a week before and a week after.
BUT, don't plan around my schedule.
Bear Brook will be there for the riding all summer & fall, I'm sure I'll catch another ride before the season is over. :)
It is better with you there though.

·
Back on the wagon
1,091 Posts
As far as I know I'm good the whole month. I will probably have to do work on the cabin I'm helping build, but I won't know when that will be until the date gets closer....

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like maybe July or late May could be better for both Jean (going on the Continental Divide :rolleyes: ) and Harry (going to Mexico :rolleyes: ) Thoughts??

·
Back on the wagon
1,091 Posts
Yeah, I got some thoughts. Like "I'm jealous." And "I'll think of you every time a NH state bird bites me on a ride while your gone." Other than that, I think July would be good. Pedro's is in August, so If we could space it away from that and maybe space it away from 24 hrs of great glen (the weekend after Pedro's) too that would be good.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oldbroad said:
Awwwww :)

July 9 or 10 would work for me.
You should be re-acclimated to us low lifes by then. If I don't see or talk to you prior to your trip...good luck and give Beth my best. Girls love dirt!

·
Back on the wagon
1,091 Posts
As far as I know I don't have anything that weekend. It's a good ways off, too, so we could get in extra time "scouting" the route ahead of time. Have fun on your trip, Jean!

·
Back on the wagon
1,091 Posts
I'm not trying to steal your job! I thought this was a team effort. I have complete faith in your ability to pick a good route, especially after the good rides out there last year.

·
customized
3,123 Posts
I'm just messing PAW. All input is welcome and I know what you mean about "good rides", Mr. Underpants man.

The only thing I have figured out is that the route will start at the hiker biker lot and have catamount near the end of the ride. Little Bear, Carr Ridge, Sentinal, Cascade, Catamount, Chipmunck, Beaver Brook, Lynx, and the hidden singletrack will all be on the ride. I will prolly bypass Hedgehog for Bear hill due to pile up for all you fools trying to climb the case.

·
Back on the wagon
1,091 Posts
I wonder how Catamount will be on the SS....? And I can see parts of Sentinel Pine and Carr Ridge being walkers, too. Maybe I'll have to fight Mink for the sweeper spot. ;) Did you see my post about the ride this week in my new bike thread?

·
customized
3,123 Posts
PutAwayWet said:
I wonder how Catamount will be on the SS....? And I can see parts of Sentinel Pine and Carr Ridge being walkers, too. Maybe I'll have to fight Mink for the sweeper spot. ;) Did you see my post about the ride this week in my new bike thread?
Maybe by then you won't be so into your cult following of steel single speeding. Glenn will be on the Yeti for sure. I saw the post, I may join that ride.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I can't make the Ft R. ride. I like the singlespeed at Fox and I think BB would be just as fun on it. Will I?...time will tell.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.