I'm confused. Do you want to buy my 2007 On One Inbred or not?"A thing is worth however much someone is willing to pay for it"
Just because someone has a random reason to pay an obviously ridiculously overpriced amount of money wasting it just to obtain this item, does not mean that item is "worth" that price. It may be "worth" it to that person, but we have a word for that type of person, a sucker. That person has some type of sentimental or emotional or compulsive feeling that makes them want to spend a silly amount of money on an item that just isn't worth that value. If you know your market and value you wouldn't keep feeding the scalpers which is just encouraging this dirty practice more. If they find one sucker then they will try to find more. Surely there are needles in the hay stack and they might find them.
If a bike for example has a general value that 99% of It's audience would or should already know going into it. The other 1% of stragglers too busy or unaware enough to do some research and know the value of the item they want to buy used? Well this thread is for them to encourage them to make a more informed decision and not get ripped off in the dirty maket/world we live in today. That is why this thread is not silly or ridiculous, is a big problem that even though you know about it, some might not. It's not just bikes, It's a lot of stuff being wiped off the shelves and resold for more money. This artificial inflation caused by the people is aimed at the people. Like shooting your fellow friend or neighbor in the foot for your own profit, which then will spiral into everyone doing it shooting the initial scalpers in the foot because they are being out-scalped and their livelihood of scalping is now compromised because everyone is a scalper now.
It's like we live in a some weird post-apocalyptic world where random items are being scalped for more money than what they are worth. People holding items for hostage unless payed a premium. Taking supply into their own hands and gouging the public for it.
Whether or not there is any laws about this stuff happening or not, it sure does throw a wrench into the scene. Is it new? No. Is it surprising? No. Will it continue and prolly get worse? Hope not. Is it a sad world we live in that it has come to ripping each other off? Yes. Will i be ripped off? No. Will others get ripped off? Maybe. So know your information when buying used. Unless you're rich and can afford to throw money away by all means. The 99.99% of all other people could spend their money wisely and stretch their dollar as far as then can which is the smarter thing to do. Don't feed the scalpers. Know your market.