Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Single Malt
958 Posts
We rode today as well

Pretty fun ride, because we don't get these kind of conditions unless we've traveled somewhere else. With that said, it's not the best riding due to all the snow. It's a shame because the weather and the temps were perfect! Enjoy it while it is here, it may not be back for another 30 years!!!!!

·
V-Shaped Rut
3,178 Posts
I thought it was really fun because it was so different. It was freakin COLD when I got out there at 7:30am but dead quiet. I ended up showing a guy around who was taking his first vegas area ride. Nice intro to desert riding, lol!

I don't see why you couldn't ride out there. Starting from BD its mostly clear until after the BFR. Even from the parking lot it wasn't bad though, enough people had already ridden (and more were today) that the snow was packed down. Just keep it pointed straight and stay in the middle ring for momentum.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Sunday Cottonwood?

Ken and Rich,

Are you guys going back out on Sunday? I was out at BC and there was still a lot of snow on the trails, especially in the lower parts of the g-outs. Let me know, I might join you.

Jeff

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BD, were you at the BBQ lot yesterday? i saw a guy on a turquiose bike with a dog goofing around in the parking lot. the trails further south and west looked bad, so i turned back and took the land mine way back to BD. fun, but i couldnt help but thinking that i was tearing the trail up a little. i ran into some horsemen. i got of the trail to allow them by, but they decided to go around. their little off trail excursion hopefully will be undetectable when the conditions normalize....

it looks like it is snowing out there again. ill wait.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.