Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lurker and Table Mesa resident who enjoys singletrack and competitive shooting.

After reading so much misinformation on here about shooters and guns, I thought it would be a good idea to combine the two since there are obvoiously other shooters who ride here in AZ. Nothing like ripping the BCT in perfect weather and knocking off a few rounds in the same area.

So maybe the weekend of the 25th if anyone is interested?

·
Control Freak
326 Posts
I would love to, but I have to work weekends and dont get off work until the afternoon..long drive for me being the east valley. Good Luck I hope some people join you.

What matches do you shoot..I was shooting USPSA production but havent in about a year now.

Tim

·
"No Clue Crew"
2,459 Posts
skinny-tire said:
What kind of "misinformation" are you referring to?
X2. If I'm not biking on the weekends you'll find me in my Jeep wheeling out at Table Mesa. I've seen first hand some crazy **** go on out there. When I wheel or bike TM I pack heat :D ............Drew

·
Shift less, Pedal more.
521 Posts
singletrack shooter said:
Long time lurker and Table Mesa resident who enjoys singletrack and competitive shooting.

After reading so much misinformation on here about shooters and guns, I thought it would be a good idea to combine the two since there are obvoiously other shooters who ride here in AZ. Nothing like ripping the BCT in perfect weather and knocking off a few rounds in the same area.

So maybe the weekend of the 25th if anyone is interested?
Sounds like the beginning of a bad CSI episode...

Seriously, with all of the posts about lead whizzing by people riding BCT, maybe people who ride and shoot can "inform" some of the other people about the new trail system. When I rode Pan's loop last year, people were shooting next to the river.

I would go, but then again, I wouldn't go shoot with someone I didn't know. Especially, if they knew I was gonna bring a nice piece or two, and a nice bike. And with only 1 post.

·
Registered
717 Posts
25th Biathlon

I would love to attend,
My biggest issue would be where to hide my piece? (gun) my lycra really doesn't allow for any un-natural guns. I agree there is misinformation (on both ends).

I think there are many Mtbr's that shoot but don't realize that there is a shooting community as well that rivals in size and devotion our communities intensity. A thread a couple days ago one poster said something that the gist was that the BLM was remiss in route picking in highly conflicted area's like TMR trailhead. I am extremely devoted to both sports and I WILL NOT CONSIDER either riding or shooting there.

The BLM or whoever choose the route picked a poor site for the trail to cross TMR. That being said the shooters as well need to understand the downrange capability and danger that goes along with their constitutional rights. Most people I've seen shooting under a shade set up behind their vehicle out there don't appear to me to be completely serious shooters. I go an hour or more out by Alamo lake. I can safely shoot from a .17 Remington fireball all the way up to the mighty .50BMG safely with confidence and never see a soul.

I am from here, I've seen all the progress (?) I now see the nearby places I grew up playing in, covered in refrigerators, washers, propane bottles, mountains of trash and shotgun shell hulls. I think the problems really render down to personal responsibility & common sense and courtesy.

My father raised me a certain way, respect others, respect the land, hand down to my son a better land than was handed to me. Guns are not the issue, as with most social issues people are the problem.

As far as who Singletrack Shooter is, I know a world champion IPSC shooter who rides, could it be him?

Steve

·
Control Freak
326 Posts
The 2 world and US champions I know dont ride..bad knees and all...both just had recent knee surgery, but they still are fast as hell :)

Im with grave9 on this topic...I usually carry but its not on my mind when i am riding LOL..I am more thinking about 50 feet in front of me

Tim

·
How much further ???
2,371 Posts
hatedg said:
I would love to, but I have to work weekends and dont get off work until the afternoon..long drive for me being the east valley. Good Luck I hope some people join you.

What matches do you shoot..I was shooting USPSA production but havent in about a year now.

Tim
Why am I not surprised you were the first to reply to this. :thumbsup:

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,763 Posts
Thinking of heading out here in a bit to BCT with my. 45. I refuse to be a victim of BCT.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
SHNIPE said:
Id be down for this. I havent shot in the desert in a while. Wonder how well the AR would do riding on the outside of the camelbak for a few miles.

Anyone shoot ACTS down in tucson?
I have a couple AR's as well. It would look pretty funny seeing someone riding a mtn bike along a trail with an AR strapped to his back lol.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,763 Posts
BCT was beautiful today. Had a great day riding and shooting on the mild trails. My malfunctioning reba made it more interesting though. I think it's about ready for the garbage can. I stored my extra clips in my lycra shorts.

Attachments

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,763 Posts
Dood, i shoot through clips all the time when i go to BCT to shoot a few rounds downrange. I have some old MBA magazines in my bathroom.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.