Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy and I did the Gloriana TH to Crown King Rd out and back yesterday. It was awesome! Pedaling uphill into a strong, unrelenting headwind for 2 hours sucked, but next time it'll seem easy, right :thumbsup:

My buddy was on a 29er hardtail - sure wish I had his bike! I was on a 34lb FS - no need for suspension on this trail.

Aprox 31 mi, 2850 feet of climbing, 4.25 hours ride time, plus two ~15 minute breaks.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to GPS data...

According to GPS data, the difference between the trailheads is 1212ft.

But with the constant up-and-down nature of the trail, the total uphill heading North is 2030ft. The total uphill heading back South is 818ft.

You can check it here: http://singletrack.us/gallery/index.php

We did pedal that last 1/4 mile of ST, which is at this time only red flags. Clearly people are riding it though.

Truly awesome ride. The geology is wonderfully varied, the plant life splendid, I-17 and the rest stop function as fixed points of reference so you can see just how far you've really climbed...

·
Just another half mile...
1,092 Posts
Usually second Saturday of each month from October to April. Next Trail building is March 12. See below. The next trail building will involve building new more technical trails in the Little Pan area that will include several rock features where we can find them. Last month we had a small turnout, only the BCTC peps, and I was the only mountain biker, I could have used a few more mountain bikers to help build and layout alternative lines. It's no SoMo, but we routed the trail to make the best use of what features there is are out there.

Date: March 12, 2011
Time: 9:00 AM
Meet At: Location described in "Directions" below
Work Location: New Little Pan Loops near Table Mesa Rd
Contact Information: [email protected]

Activities: Construct non-motorized trail using accepted trail building techniques and hand tools.

This is a physical activity requiring certain health and safety considerations. Please be aware of your personal physical condition, wear appropriate attire, such as long sleeves and hat if you are sun sensitive, gloves and sturdy footwear.

Bring sun screen, your own soft or sports drinks and snacks. We will provide bottled water and lunch.

Tools to be used: Pulaski, McLeod, shovel, pick mattock, limb lopper, and pruning saw. Tools will be provided, but you are welcome to bring your own if they are marked for easy identification.

Directions: From Interstate 17, either direction; take exit 236 (Table Mesa Rd). Turn north on the frontage road west of I-17 and proceed to the end of pavement, approximately 1/2 mile. We will meet there and carpool to the worksite.

Rollin'in'Zona said:
Weekends usually?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.