Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Meet in Black Canyon City staging at the BCC trail head. Start time 8:30. We will ride South do the Little Pan Loop counter clockwise and ride back up to BCC. Estimated ride time 5-6 hours, around 25-ish miles and about 3K of climbing.

You will be among friends but bring all the normal self-support stuff foods/water for yourself and your steed. Plenty of cactus out there so everyone should be slimed or stans to prevent any unnecessary flats.

Directions to BCC trail head…Directions: From Interstate 17, either direction; take exit 242 (Black Canyon City and Rock Springs), turn west, proceed to stop sign, turn north (right) on the frontage road, drive about 300 ft to the first road on the left, Warner Rd, and turn left. Drive about 1300 ft to the first cross road, turn right and proceed to the parking area on the right near the end of the road, about 400 ft.
GPS coordinates, using NAD27 Datum:
N34º 3.140'
W112º 9.048'
Dales cool map…http://singletrack.us/gallery/displayimage.php?album=54&pos=0

·
wrecking crew
1,392 Posts
Yeppers...slaving on the upper body for Saturday and punishing the legs for Sunday! ;) A weekend of good, clean fun!

Tiffany, you'll love BCT if you haven't already had a chance to explore it much. Super fun XC singletrack... Lots of climbing and rolling sections and even some nice sections of exposure - but nothing freaky nor techy IMO. The trail is just a blast!

See you Sunday!

·
Just another half mile...
1,092 Posts
Just to give some stats on the full meal deal ride from the BCC trailhead. The lollipop loop will be about 23 miles and will have about 3300' of climbing. Expect to be out on the trail for at least five hours and more if there is a big group. So plan accordingly.:thumbsup:

AKA Monkeybutt said:
Meet in Black Canyon City staging at the BCC trail head. Start time 8:30. We will ride South do the Little Pan Loop counter clockwise and ride back up to BCC. Estimated ride time 5-6 hours, around 25-ish miles and about 3K of climbing.

You will be among friends but bring all the normal self-support stuff foods/water for yourself and your steed. Plenty of cactus out there so everyone should be slimed or stans to prevent any unnecessary flats.

Directions to BCC trail head…Directions: From Interstate 17, either direction; take exit 242 (Black Canyon City and Rock Springs), turn west, proceed to stop sign, turn north (right) on the frontage road, drive about 300 ft to the first road on the left, Warner Rd, and turn left. Drive about 1300 ft to the first cross road, turn right and proceed to the parking area on the right near the end of the road, about 400 ft.
GPS coordinates, using NAD27 Datum:
N34º 3.140'
W112º 9.048'
Dales cool map…http://singletrack.us/gallery/displayimage.php?album=54&pos=0

·
Elitest thrill junkie
40,372 Posts
Some can, I can not. There is little coverage, so you're in the sun all the time. 100oz plus 32 or so got me back, but I ran out of water with a few miles to go. I go through lots of water any time, but especially when it's a lot of miles, a lot of time (the hours to do the ride is one big predominant factor, if water were avail I'd drink even more in the allotted time), with little coverage/protection from the elements.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NMPhi767 said:
Can you get away with 3 liters (100 oz.) of water for this ride? Is it hardtail friendly?
I usually only end up using 100oz. I typically bring a spare 16oz bottle to stash at the top of the Little Pan Loop but don't end up using it. Show up hydrated and bring a spare 16oz bottle to stash at the top of the LPL.

I'll be on a hardtail so I would say it's HT friendly.

·
1,092 Posts
Another option is to bring a water filter if you have one or water purfication tablets. You'll be crossing the river four times.......

AKA Monkeybutt said:
I usually only end up using 100oz. I typically bring a spare 16oz bottle to stash at the top of the Little Pan Loop but don't end up using it. Show up hydrated and bring a spare 16oz bottle to stash at the top of the LPL.

I'll be on a hardtail so I would say it's HT friendly.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm down for BCT

Craig from Moab. Will be in Phoenix this weekend so would love to connect with you again for another BCT ride. From the sounds of the start one must assume the trail is now completed to Black Canyon. See ya Sunday mornin.

·
1,092 Posts
We will be there for the trail work on Saturday. Sunday is still up in the air. If we do show up for the ride, it will most likely be a BCT Lite ride and either do an out an back to some point or do a point to point ride from Black Canyon City to Table Mesa TH.

su.ling~ said:
Dale, you and Sonia joining us for trail work on Sat or riding on Sun?

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
aztegan said:
any know where i can get slimed 29er tubes on the north/northwest side? how many riders are you expecting?
Get Bonty removable core tubes from the Pig, buy some slime, and slime them yourself. That's what I do, and as anyone on this forum will attest, if I can do it, anybody else certainly can.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.