Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
oh Lucky me
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the Jan 09 issue of Mountain Flyer Magazine there is an article about the BCT and all the work that has gone into it lately...also there is a good little picture of a local rider leading a pack of about 5...anyways...just thought i would share :thumbsup:

http://www.mountainflyer.com

·
oh Lucky me
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TheBarqsMan said:
The same issue also has a nice expose on the state of FINS, concerning the legalities and future of the system. There is also a short write up from James Rickman on his experience riding the Tour of the White Mountains. It's a good issue for Arizonans.
hmm really? i guess i havent gotten that far yet ;) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
148 Posts
TheBarqsMan said:
The same issue also has a nice expose on the state of FINS, concerning the legalities and future of the system. There is also a short write up from James Rickman on his experience riding the Tour of the White Mountains. It's a good issue for Arizonans.
How would I find this magazine? Is it an electronic-magazine only; or is there a printed version that perhaps Barnes & Nobels (or some other bookstore?) may sell? I'd like to see it. I've heard it (FINS) got some Ink.

Thanks in advance gang, and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Harv
out

·
MTBikeAZ.com
117 Posts
Harv. Yup, B&N carries Mountain Flyer. Go pick up a copy. I was surprised you weren't mentioned in the article. Did Justin interview you? He talked to me, but none of what we talked about made the article. BTW, I rode FINS last week and still love the system. I think I've ridden each segment every possible way. Never tire of the turns. Thanks again.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yeah, he spoke to me and Kim and Murel as well. Kim's been anxious to see it (I kinda' forgot about it honestly...).

Did you see the latest issue of MBA? Ryan did a little thing on me after my "accident" and all, and for the photo I got the FINS trail-head sign into the mag! Pretty cool! I dug that. I was kinda' expecting to see something "here" on MTBR regarding that, but I guess not? Oh well. It'll be neat for my friends "back-home" to just even see the trail-head/sign, for I've told them all about it for a while now.

Cheers.

Harv
out

·
t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
4,767 Posts
Fins

Yup, was just reading this article in my Mountain Flyer (great rag!) and just happens that my sons baseball team is heading down to Phoenix for a tournament in March! Sounds like a great chance to check it out, was bringing the ss anyway and wanting to ride something. Couple ?'s is it legal now and would any of you all want to hook up for a ride and show me around? Any links to maps or LBS that would have one!

Thank you in advance for helping out a CO front ranger:thumbsup:

In CO check out one of my t.i.t.s. night rides
good times!!

·
oh Lucky me
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PBR me,
when you get in town, pm me!

Murrel Stephens (mentioned in article) is actually a long time family friend and he said that he would be more than happy to go give a tour of FINS. We will have to put together a ride in March and go check it! :thumbsup:

·
t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
4,767 Posts
Thank you:thumbsup: I definately will. Was going to check out that guide book mentioned in the article, are there any others i should get? Always nice to hook up with a local for a grand tour!!

·
I love bike!
1,154 Posts
phichibri said:
Did you see the latest issue of MBA? Ryan did a little thing on me after my "accident" and all, and for the photo I got the FINS trail-head sign into the mag! Pretty cool! I dug that. I was kinda' expecting to see something "here" on MTBR regarding that, but I guess not?
I read the article in MBA a couple days ago. Very inspiring and glad you're up and riding again. I've heard good things about FINS. I'll have to go check it out :thumbsup:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Thr.NR on FINS -- BCT & SoMo

I totally agree w/MonkeyButt -- BCT is inspiring!!!!!! SoMo (South Mountain) also has some nice stuff. I'm a XC-Geek, so I ride "Desert Classic" out there fearing I'd not be able to get down National or Morman. Try them if you'd like when and if you're there.

REGARDING FINS:
With the first race of the State Series kicking-off this weekend, Eileen and I will NOT be "Hosting the Thursday Night Ride" this week -- too close to race-day. :ihih:
Next week (01/22/09) I'll be at a Rock/Trade-Show and not be home to "host it", but we may be doing it the following week (01/29/09). IF you'll be around and feel light driving out to the West-Side, AND have Lights, contact me to see if we're going?
* It's not "That far West!", as I can be TO Sky-Harbor in about 35 minutes if traffic is okay.
Harv's cell = (623) 256-3993
e-Mail = [email protected]

The Thr.NR is a blast, and a great-way to meet some new friends! After the ride we meet up again in the garage to throw-darts, "Bench-Race" and have a cold-Beverage or two (Yeah PBR me! My Home-State-Brew and typically found in the garage-fridge! :thumbsup: ). Lately, there has even been a Pizza to snack-on Post-Ride. No, we don't do that every week, and don't come expecting dinner, but it's been chilly lately and something warm to go with a Cold-Beer post-ride is perfect! Eileen and I had got one first, then Abel and Ben brought one the following week.

See ya' on the trail!

Harv
out

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.