Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Yummy
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BC's Chilcoten Range - a teaser

Yawn ... just got back from four days of backcountry riding and boy, am I tired!! Riding every day, our shortest day was a 5-hour epic. Once we left our starting point, there were no motors, power lines or phone connections of any kind. Just ourselves and thousands of acres of singletrack. Full report to follow, but here are some teaser photos of the many incredible mountains, valleys, mirror-like lakes and endless singletrack trails we experienced.

Kn.

Attachments

·
Tear it all out!
7,739 Posts
It was great riding & camping with you!

Finally got all the laundry done, but still have to wash the bikes to get all of the mud & horse crap off from the ride down.

My pics will be a few days as I'm still doing the film thing.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's photos.

·
Am I getting too bulky?
800 Posts
Son of a b!tch! With all this publicity, by the time a can afford to build myself a hut there, all of the good spots will be taken!

·
Yummy
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just fiddling with my software for knitting photos together:

Spruce Lake Panorama shot.

Kn.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,092 Posts
CraigH said:
I think segment in the Collective video did that to a much greater extent than any photo thread on MTBR.
That is an awesome segment on The Collective. I thought the location looked familiar.

Great pics. A teaser usually implies that there's more and better things to come.... That's hard to imagine. Nice work.

·
Registered
105 Posts
a bit OT but what kinda...

CraigH said:
There were 4 digitals & 1 film camera there...
...cameras did you guys use? Specifically what brand and model please. My Minolta F100 is "in the shop" and I'm thinking that's it for her as the cost of repair may outweigh the cost of a new digicam or even an SLR (Nikon FM2A....drool).

Can't w8 to see the rest of the pix! Thanks for the teaser.

·
Tear it all out!
7,739 Posts
Day 1, ride into Spruce Lake Camp

For my birthday present my wife booked me a 4 day "Pack Horse Assisted Mountain Bike Tour" in the Spruce Lake area, and invited my brother & 3 riding friends along.

After a shake down day of XC riding in Whistler to make sure we wouldn't run into any bike issues, we drove up to their ranch just outside of Gold Bridge where we stayed over night.

The original plan was to ride into their camp near Eldorado mountain, but due the 1 to 3 feet of snow up there, the plan had to be changed to the lower elevation camp at Spruce Lake (winter is coming early this year).

Ina on the ride up to Spruce Lake

South end of Spruce Lake

·
Tear it all out!
7,739 Posts
Day 2, push up to Windy Pass, then fun ride down

Next morning, the ride plan was to push up to Windy Pass, then enjoy the ride back down. Yes, the pass lived up to its name, it was definitely windy up there.

There were still remains of the snow storm that had stopped us from heading in to the Eldorado camp.

Our guides, Len & Marty

Saddle to the Eldorado Camp

While in the saddle, we did get to see a wolverine from a distance, something I hadn't seen in all the time I've spent in the wild.

On the other side is the trail down, but we had to return the way we came

Kirk on the way down

·
Tear it all out!
7,739 Posts
Day 3, Hummingbird Lake

Plan for the day was to ride out to Hummingbird & Trigger lakes.

Ina and Spruce Lake

Alan, Ina & Marty

Alan, Steve, Len, Ina & Ken

Typical tourist shot of Hummingbird Lake

Plow and Hummingbird Lake
(The trail used to be an important pack route in to the BC Interior, the plow was probably abandoned due to weight decades ago.)

Marty

Craig

Marty & Ina

Back to Spruce Lake for another great dinner

·
Tear it all out!
7,739 Posts
Day 4, Ride out the High trail back to the ranch

After seeing the pack trains off with all of our gear, it was time to ride down. (Ironically, the day we rode down had the best weather of the trip.)

Martin, Len & Nicole

Nicole, the head wrangler

Martin, the wrangler in training

Cookshack & Firepit

Float plane takes off above a couple of guys fishing, after dropping off a load of English mountain bikers

Len, Ken, Marty, Alan, Steve, Kirk & Ina

Steve on the High Trail

Ina on the High Trail

More & larger versions of the photos are available >>here<<

·
2,856 Posts
Alright, that's it!!

I've had enough. I can't look at mtbr anymore, it's ruining my life. I'm about to throw in the towel and quit this rat race and it's all because of pics like these.

nice!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.