Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Want to vent?
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi whats the bolt circle diameter for chainrings on older shimano cranks...i have exage lx mtb cranks...with 5 arm SG rings 46-36-?.........but is it using 110mm bcd....like current road chainrings and does anybody know where to find replacements...if they are odd sized?

-Boz

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
The SS Boz said:
Hi whats the bolt circle diameter for chainrings on older shimano cranks...i have exage lx mtb cranks...with 5 arm SG rings 46-36-?.........but is it using 110mm bcd....like current road chainrings and does anybody know where to find replacements...if they are odd sized?

-Boz
Old(er) Shimano cranks...like what year? Should be standard 110 as far as I know.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
yep, should be 110 bcd.
can be a [email protected] to find the good shimano rings(ie sg-x), but they're on ebay and check closeouts at the usual internet places (ie cambria bike) for 'off brand' rings. I've got good mileage outta raceface rings.

The SS Boz said:

-Boz

·
Want to vent?
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gotta be 1989 or 1990 5 arm LX

Rumpfy said:
Old(er) Shimano cranks...like what year? Should be standard 110 as far as I know.
Year is 89 or 90 cause came off an 89 mongoose iboc comp frame.....currently rebuilding bike....and large chainrings kinda thru me off visually....... im used to compact...all i have on my bikes are compact.... but this bike is gonna be 1x8 and i want a 36t but needed a new ring and unsure of size.....thanks

-Boz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.