Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am trying to install my first set of dick brakes, and I am having trouble getting the brakes calibrated. Can someone who has disc brakes that are setup correctly please take a birds eye view picture of the rotor location inside the caliber. I just want to see how you have it spaced.

I would really appreciate it if I could get a few pictures thank you.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Well, I could post pics, but I'm not sure how much it will actually help. Not being a [email protected] here, but are you very carefully following the calibration instructions from either Avid or Park Tools? I was having setup problems a while ago, but I also was [email protected] some steps, and until I took 'em off and started over completely from scratch and followed the instructions to a "T", I had no success. Now, they work like a champ. But back to the pics... It's going to depend on your set-up. What spacing works for one dude may not work for you (depends on cable tension and how much/little slop you like to have in your brakes). Follow the starting-point recommendations from Avid for pad spacing ratios and then tweak from there. It takes a bit of trial and error. Even when I had it dialed in on the stand and a couple of laps around the parking lot, I still had to fiddle slightly during the first ride on the trails. Be patient. Making sure the caliper was mounted (and aligned) properly was the key for me.

Cheers, Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.