Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just changed tires on my wive's Cannondale F600. While doing so I checked the pads of her BB5 breaks. To do so I had to turn the adjustment screw all the way back.

I downloaded the instalation and adjustment manual from the web and the it says that the brakes should be adjusted that the disc is exactly in the middle of the slot. Works great on the read brake, but at the front brake the rotor is not exactly in the middle, but more on the side toward the fork. So if I adjust the brake pad for the rotor in the middle, than the rotor stays in constant contact with the brake pad.

Should I leave it adjusted that the rotor is 'pushed' to the middle and hope that the rotor will adjust in a while or should I adjust the brake so it runs free, even though the rotor is not in the middle?

I hope this makes sense.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried that and the rotor was scratching. So I found a post here in the archives that suggested to loosen and re-tighten the mounting screws. Well come to find out that the caliber was not straight and thanks to that former post I was able to adjust the caliber and adjust the rotor so that it is now in the middle. Brake works better than ever. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.