Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Shimano BB, I think its Deore level BB-UN52. Its developed some play. When you grab the crank arms the whole axle seems to move around inside. So I'm guessing its on its way out? Any reccomendations for a decent square taper BB thats reasonable in price?

·
Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
1,500 Posts
HVskier said:
I have a 2000 Shimano BB, I think its Deore level BB-UN52. Its developed some play. When you grab the crank arms the whole axle seems to move around inside. So I'm guessing its on its way out? Any reccomendations for a decent square taper BB thats reasonable in price?
Sounds like it's not on it's way out, it's already there. ;^P

If you've done much riding since 2000, you've gotten good mileage out of it. The best bet for a replacement would be the XT version, either UN72 or UN73. They can be had for reasonable money and should be available in the same size as your UN52.

Kathy

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Yeah that BB sounds like it checked out quite a while ago. Fortunately the next model up in the line, the UN72 (XT level, much lighter) is still made and widely available. You should be able to get a new one for around $20.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.