Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have not been to Bullards Bar in over a year and I know conditions there should be outstanding. So how bout this Saturday? Anyone interested?

Meet at the Target Parking lot Hwy 49 and Bell Road in Auburn @ 8:51 am or Dark Day boat launch @ around 9:59

So, if you are going this Saturday....bring food and beer or whatever for after the ride and we will have a little picnic there since food and bev is pretty far away from the trail. I will be bringing sandwhich stuff and some Lagunitas Hairy Eyeball....yum!

Today (wednesday jan 24) I have turned 40 so I am in party (drink and forget) mode for the next week...got in my b-day ride here in Auburn today but in honor of myself and in the interest of interesting acranims....I am calling this ride the BBBBBB....big boulder bullards bar birthday bash

nice!

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I did a 30 mile ride at Bullards a few days ago and the conditions were perfect. We had to get off a few times for down trees, but thats it. Very dry. Check for tic's !

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
So tell me about it

So tell me about it. I'm always looking for new rides but with my knee problems and slower speed I have to be very cautious and make sure I do not get in over my head. How long and difficult is this ride and can I do it without holding you up? My good bike is in the shop and it might be ready by then. I'm not sure I'd take my old bike on a new unfamiliar ride.

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
6,154 Posts
I don't know

bigboulder said:
Don't really know milage...ride includes BB Trail, Rebel Ridge, 7 Ball, 8 Ball....all the goods.
I would love to go but right now my Titus is suffering and really needs to have it's front fork pulled and sent in for service (damned high maintenance Fox Forks). I eBayed a RL MC 29er which I was planning on riding while the Titus was down but I haven't ridden it on the trail yet and this would be like a baptism by fire. What is BB like? I've never been.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think

0gre said:
I would love to go but right now my Titus is suffering and really needs to have it's front fork pulled and sent in for service (damned high maintenance Fox Forks). I eBayed a RL MC 29er which I was planning on riding while the Titus was down but I haven't ridden it on the trail yet and this would be like a baptism by fire. What is BB like? I've never been.
that is the perfect bike for BB....32/20??

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no no

0gre said:
Do you run 32/20 on yours? I think I would need to be a little lower gear ratio than you because of the bigger tires and because I'm a SS noob.
32/17 on my bike....

only having ridden a 29sr ss once (it had 32/20 ratio) it felt like somwhere in between the 32/17 and 32/18 ratio that I alternate....I think 32/20 should be about right for you.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
JMac47 said:
....you callin Roger old?? :rolleyes:

Thanks merlin.
No problem. If you can make the ride on your SS , I would highly recommend it. Bullards is one of my favorite rides on the SS. We were there last weekend and did a 30 mile loop and it was just a blast.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I got plans this weekend , wish I could go again:mad:

·
NedwannaB
12,792 Posts
No SS now!

merlin said:
No problem. If you can make the ride on your SS , I would highly recommend it. Bullards is one of my favorite rides on the SS. We were there last weekend and did a 30 mile loop and it was just a blast.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I got plans this weekend , wish I could go again:mad:
First time in almost 7 years without, can you believe it? I have a frame I'm eyeing to put parts on, but haven't cut the check yet. I have my geared bike set-up w/ 700 wheels & WTB Terrainasauurs tires. Been sound on Pine Mtn Loop, C-Camp & A'del rides with my less than Clydesdale phyzeek, just wasn't sure what BB was like.

Thanks for the trail info Rick.

·
President of the Internet
850 Posts
I rode Bullards a few weeks ago and it was very nice. As mentioned, the trails is in good condition, save for a few downed trees.

However, it was damn cold! The trail is in the tree shade along the water - so dress warm. I think when i stared around 8:30 my car read like 23 degrees.

I think the milage was around 28. But I got a little lost near the end.

So have fun and watch out for the ********!

·
Registered
243 Posts
There’s no NFL this week (I hate the bye week!!!) and I can’t remember the last time I rode Bullards. So, I’m in. I will probably meet you at the lake since it’s easier for me to drive up 65 from Sacramento.

You want to meet at the boat launch? I usually start at Vista Point but it if you have a route already planned…

If you’ve haven’t ridden Bullards yet, what are you waiting for??? It has some of the best singletrack in the Gold Country!

See you Saturday…

·
NedwannaB
12,792 Posts
What if.........

mtb_Canuck said:
You want to meet at the boat launch? I usually start at Vista Point but it if you have a route already planned…See you Saturday…
.......somenone would be coming up 80 from Sonoma Cty. Would it pay to meet here or bb's Tarrje~ p-lot rondevue~ off Bell Rd. in Auburn?? :confused:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.