Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Too big for my cranks, so it didn't work for me. My bike came with raceface cranks and I assumed they were 30mm, but they must be 24mm. I don't think I can return the BB either. Expensive mistake on my part!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Too big for my cranks, so it didn't work for me. My bike came with raceface cranks and I assumed they were 30mm, but they must be 24mm. I don't think I can return the BB either. Expensive mistake on my part!
That's odd. I'm using the stock crank and it seemed to be ok for me. My only issue is that I was getting some wobbling during the ride and realized that though I thought I tightened the crank down well enough it started to come loose during the ride yesterday. I need to research and figure out if I needed locktite on the crank or if I just need to tighten it more next time.

·
Registered
76 Posts
That's odd. I'm using the stock crank and it seemed to be ok for me. My only issue is that I was getting some wobbling during the ride and realized that though I thought I tightened the crank down well enough it started to come loose during the ride yesterday. I need to research and figure out if I needed locktite on the crank or if I just need to tighten it more next time.
can you let us know what you find out? I replaced my bottom bracket and now constantly have to tighten the raceface cranks after a ride, sometimes during. Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
can you let us know what you find out? I replaced my bottom bracket and now constantly have to tighten the raceface cranks after a ride, sometimes during. Thanks!
I cannot confirm that this is good info (I'm hoping to tighten mine tonight and see if it holds for tomorrow's ride), but I read this[1] and see that I needed to tighten it to 50Nm. I didn't do that before, so I will soon find out!

1. https://www.raceface.com/media/B10186-Cinch_System_Installation.pdf

·
Registered
15 Posts
I cannot confirm that this is good info (I'm hoping to tighten mine tonight and see if it holds for tomorrow's ride), but I read this[1] and see that I needed to tighten it to 50Nm. I didn't do that before, so I will soon find out!

1. https://www.raceface.com/media/B10186-Cinch_System_Installation.pdf
Crank stayed put just fine during yesterday's ride, so I'd say that following the directions in the PDF above worked. Just make sure you get the preload adjuster set correctly if you are concerned about getting it tight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.