Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone make a BB protector (cover, plastic, cloth, rubber, etc.) that would prevent dirt from getting into an EBB shell?

·
Registered
664 Posts
I suppose your EBB frame was free?

Oh, sorry, the answer is NO.

It's a bottom bracket. It's going to get dirty as hell, and probably creak and slip too. I learned my lesson and will never buy an EBB again.

·
Ovaries on the Outside
4,425 Posts
Not sure if there is anything out there, but I haven't done a huge search because I don't have an EBB. I think this is an opportunity for us to make millions designing a bb condom.

·
beware the grammar police
753 Posts
Wiggs said:
I suppose your EBB frame was free?

Oh, sorry, the answer is NO.

It's a bottom bracket. It's going to get dirty as hell, and probably creak and slip too. I learned my lesson and will never buy an EBB again.
thanks for helping him with his problem.........

·
Registered
664 Posts
He asked "Does anyone make a BB protector (cover, plastic, cloth, rubber, etc.) that would prevent dirt from getting into an EBB shell?".

I answered NO and offered a solution.

Feel free to prove me wrong.

Oh, and don't get so excited about a little sarcasm. Geez!

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
14,506 Posts
Wiggs said:
He asked "Does anyone make a BB protector (cover, plastic, cloth, rubber, etc.) that would prevent dirt from getting into an EBB shell?".

I answered NO and offered a solution.

Feel free to prove me wrong.

Oh, and don't get so excited about a little sarcasm. Geez!
I already proved you wrong. I proved you wrong before you even made your statement.

No sarcasm.

--sParty

·
Registered
976 Posts
I've been wondering about the same.
I have a split EBB which works silently without fault, but would benefit from a cover.
Maybe some heavy fabric with some velcro closures to go around/between the tubes?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I've seen a guy use a piece of inner-tube (don't know if it was 26 or 700) and put it around the shell with half of it hanging off the shell- didn't seal it completely, and I don't know how well it worked, but it was a solution he was trying for this issue. It was also a steel frame bike, so there was more room around the shell than there might be on an aluminum bike. Again, no idea if it worked, just saw the guy at the trail and asked him about it...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Duh!

Clean and degrease the shell well then apply a little RTV silicone to keep crud out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts