Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm a newbie in the forum so if I make some mistake, don't hit me / kick me out.
I tried searching through the forum, didn't find concrete answer to my problem.

I'm trying to build a MTB bike myself, using a chinese (SERAPH) frame. They have a lot of frames, but the one I like accepts a BB92 bottom bracket. I'm trying to keep the price low so I want to go with shimano deore m6100 groupset, which means shimano m6100 crankset. Now shimano states that this crank fits BB-MT500-PA bottom bracket.

My question is, will this bracket fit BB92 frame opening, or do I have to use some adapter or even different crank?
My opinion is that it will work, but I'm double checking, don't want to spend a lot of money, then have a small bottom bracket ruin everything.

link to frame: SERAPH FM158

Thanks in advance,
Kiko

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
BB92 is probably better described as PF41. The name is misleading, in that it describes width, not diameter.

Any PF41 bottom bracket will fit into any other PF41 bottom bracket shell, regardless of the width of the shell...though the spindle sleeve may not fit on exceptionally wide bottom brackets.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.